Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did their test of RPG format go poorly..? I know they won't give all details but was hoping they give enough someone who couldn't buy it could homebrew their own version.. I thought they were going to have an update and talk about it in more details?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
Not sure if you have seen this update so I will share it here. It sounds like the RPG is being play tested:

The Campaign Guide Is Coming Along!

I've just finished layout for the tabletop RPG campaign guide, Duel Questers, that will be included in the Millennium Blades Art Book! Duel Questers will allow you to use your copy of Millennium Blades to enter a fantastic world where card games reign supreme! This RPG was designed by a good friend of ours, Ewen Cluney! If you don't recognize the name, he's the designer of Channel A as well as the translator/publisher for Golden Sky Stories and Maid: The Role-Playing Game!

I'll be GMing a short campaign with Brad and some friends starting next week! If all goes well I should be able to show everyone how the game works in the coming weeks! To leave you all, here's a few of the Talents you can select for your character:

Screw the Rules!
Once per duel, you can play a card into any position in your tableau.

Duelist Info Cards
You collect and create cards with information on notable card duelists. If you want to reveal what you know about a duelist who is even a little bit famous, make a Smarts test. On a 5 or less you know only obvious details about them. On a 6 to 8 you know a bit about their personal lives, and what element they use most in their deck. On a 9 or higher you also know their full bio, and what their stats are.

Trump Card
You possess a special card very seldom seen in Millennium Blades. You’re not entirely sure what it does, but it’s yours to try. Add one card from any game to your collection. We seriously mean any game. It could be from a CCG, or a non-collectible card game, or just a normal playing card. You can either work with the Game Master to determine what it does or let the Game Master themselves decide!

How exactly do these work within the scope of the game? You'll have to wait and find out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

I'll be GMing a short campaign with Brad and some friends starting next week! If all goes well I should be able to show everyone how the game works in the coming weeks! To leave you all, here's a few of the Talents you can select for your character:

This what I'm referring to been like 3 or more weeks since that update....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had time to run one session as we were at GenCon all of last week. There's a bit that needs addressing from that session, but the core rules seem fine.

I'd like to not post much about it until I've done at least one more session, but maybe I'll post a bit about the basics this week or next!

As Nathan mentioned as well, we'll likely not post too much about it as we don't want to give away the whole game in just the updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Haha I don't expect you to just was hoping for a bit more info than three talents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.