Subject: Allocating Wounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this has been raised on the Forum but I still can't get my head around whether you place a Wound on a removed Troop or not.

The Rules guide in the Files section (under points 3 and 4 in Engagement) give these two seemingly contradictory comments (my emphasis):

Wound tokens only need to be physically assigned if the Troop can withstand more than one Wound. For example, if one Wound is assigned to a Troop with only one Wound Point, the Troop is simply removed – an actual Wound token does not need to be placed on it first.
4. Removed Troops are given to the Active player so he can keep track of the value of eliminated Troops. Any Wound tokens on a removed Troop are set aside, unusable until the next Turn

So do you place Wound tokens on a removed Troop or not? I hope you can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No. Wound tokens are returned to their owners (the player of the eliminated unit) when the unit is removed from the battlefield. But -- they do not become available as command tokens during that turn. They are set aside until the following turn begins.

That second clause is a reference to wound tokens that are on a unit due to damage taken prior to elimination, on units with more than one hit point.

S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
No. Wound tokens are returned to their owners (the player of the eliminated unit) when the unit is removed from the battlefield. But -- they do not become available as command tokens during that turn. They are set aside until the following turn begins.

That second clause is a reference to wound tokens that are on a unit due to damage taken prior to elimination, on units with more than one hit point.

S.

Thanks, that helps. I've been playing with mostly Inf armies (Romans v Celts) so Troops are quickly removed after Shooting and Engagement as Wound tokens are never actually placed on an Inf Troop.

I like the idea of reducing your options as Wound / Order tokens are taken away but I couldn't get how you lost them if they were never placed on a Inf Troop in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.