7 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: [APRIL SPOILERS] Question about characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Cabaca
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm playing April for the second time and me and my friends were thinking about playing some other characters. So we need to put relationship stickers on them. We played our first game with 3 players(creating 3 characters and leaving 2 out) then we created one more and used a relationship sticker on it. Now we have 3 characters left without name. I'm thinking:

Can we use relationship stickers in two characters that are created in the same game or do they need to be in a relationship with an already created/named character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They have to be in a relationship with an already created character but if you create more than one character in a game, you create them one after the other. This means that when creating the second new character, the first one you have created is available for a relationship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Cabaca
Portugal
flag msg tools
So this means that the first character I'm creating will have 2 relationships, right?
What if I ignore the relationship of first character? Can I create him without using a relationship sticker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, it is optional to add a relationship when creating a character so you could create a character and not give a relationship to an existing character then create a second with a relationship to the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Huh?
Rule sticker A wrote:
When creating a character, give them a relationship with an already created character.

I see nothing to suggest that it's optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Cabaca
Portugal
flag msg tools
I though about that too. But imagine you run out of relationships. What are you gonna do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acrak24 wrote:
I though about that too. But imagine you run out of relationships. What are you gonna do?

It's possible in theory, but only for a 2-player game (or at least one that only creates 2 characters in January), and even there you need to be pretty aggressive about playing as many different characters as possible.

In that case, I suppose you simply create the last character without a Relationship since you no longer have one to create them with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.