Airfix Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you have to perform all parts of a special order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked this game up, and I'm really enjoying the few solo games I've played so far. Kudos to the designers for managing to make the game simple and streamlined while still managing to retain plenty of tactical decisions.

However, I do have one question I hope somebody can clarify. Do you have to perform all actions on a 'Special Order' or is it possible to only perform part of an order?

For example, I had two units in cover and an enemy unit within firing range. I had the 'Infantry Assault' card in hand, which says "Fire with 1 infantry unit. Then 1 different infantry unit may fire then move."

Would the second unit have to move, or could I play this to have both units fire but hold position?

In the end I changed tactics and called an artillery strike on a nest of snipers, but that's a different story...

P.S. Does anybody know where I could pick up the Bonus Deck from? I've looked on the Modiphius store, but the price of shipping costs as much as the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Bristol
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluehammer wrote:
Do you have to perform all actions on a 'Special Order' or is it possible to only perform part of an order?

No, you do not have to perform all of the actions - look at the top of page 6 in the rulebook, "Example Special Order: Infantry Assault". You could, indeed, have had both units fire.

Bluehammer wrote:
P.S. Does anybody know where I could pick up the Bonus Deck from? I've looked on the Modiphius store, but the price of shipping costs as much as the game!

I have one you could have, used once, £6 incl. p&p. Send me a PM if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Paull
United Kingdom
HUNTINGDON
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy is quite correct.

For these 'double Unit' cards, if you want to order both Units, do the following steps (using Infantry Assault as an example):

Choose 2 infantry Units and give an order to both of them. Note: This means neither can be given another order this round, and you have decided at this point to order 2 Units (you *could* have decided to order only 1 Unit).

Fire with the first infantry Unit you chose (this is technically optional, but you've ordered the Unit...).

Then with your second ordered infantry Unit, optionally Fire, then optionally Move. Like most Move actions, the latter Move could end in an Assault.

Also note that if your first Unit destroys or routs the only target of your second Unit, and you don't want to move the second Unit, then it will do nothing, but will still have received an order.

Alan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.