GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,794 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » General

Subject: Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 ?????? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John D
Ireland
flag msg tools
.....just a thought. This would easily be an insta buy for me and I haven't even played the first season yet.

I mean, just think of the narrative pssibilities and character progression! And what about the chance of getting that beautiful board in epic size!!

What do y'all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 is coming out next year, so perhaps what you mean is a legacy version of Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu? That sounds like it would have potential for great storytelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would certainly appeal to some people, but a lot of people (myself included) really don't care / are tired of Lovecraft themes. It also wouldn't really tie into the "Season 2" aspect of the game.

In all honestly, if they wanted to make a Lovecraft legacy game, it would probably be a lot better to start with a completely new game system rather than starting with the Cthulhu Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
i'm not really into the legacy games but i think the Cthulhu Pandemic mechanics work incredibly well. This would adapt really well to a Legacy version.

while a lot of people don't care / aren't interested in Lovecraft themes, there are a lot of people that are into it....especially if works well. Reign of Cthulhu at first seemed like a weak re-skin of Pandemic to me but after playing it, it's excellent and does enough to make it a different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Baxter
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
Supercalifragiliticexmealidocious
badge
Mars by 2050!
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh it's a weak re-skin for a dumbed down version of pandemic.

Of course pandemic puts most people to sleep so maybe the mythos will help keep people awake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
how is it dumbed down? there's more to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely a less puzzly version of Pandemic, with some extra rules added in yeah, but the actual puzzle is "dumbed down".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.