Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Star Wars Rebellion PBF005: Stop Taking my Hand! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I only participated in PBF001 and PBF004 and had the pleasure of playing the game. Now I want to return the favour and I'll be MODing this PBF. I'll borrow a lot from the previous MODs. I'm now taking the first steps in Vassal, so I hope I'll do just as good as the MODs in the games I participated in.

- This will be a 3 player game (1 Rebel, 2 Empire), all (Imperial) communication will be public and I hope the Rebel player will spice things up a bit . Any team member can roll and make decisions for either theater of combat (to speed things up)
- If there is much interest it will become a 4 player game, but I thought that having more secrecy for the Rebels might be useful on a PBF (and also just to try something else)
- Please lock-in orders in bold. No take-backs
- Also try to mention in your post what step or who is next in bold
- I will send out mission/action cards with letters assigned in a spreadsheet, I'll be referring to that file if it is changed. I will re-issue new letters for each card at the start of each round. Please use these letters during assignment
- Any uncertainty about a rule/current unit positions then please stop and ask
- Dice rolling - please see PBF001/002/003/004 for instructions. Please do not edit posts with dice-rolling to avoid any controversy
- If I mess something up please tell me!

If you are interested, please PM me with your preference (Rebel/Imperial General/Imperial Admiral).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference: here are the dice roller codes:

Black Die = 1custom6{iid:3020356;iid:3020356;iid:3020357;iid:3020358;iid:3020358;iid:3020359}

Red Die = 1custom6{iid:3020360;iid:3020360;iid:3020361;iid:3020362;iid:3020362;iid:3020363}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here is perhaps a motivator: the map with starting systems. To me it looks like a challenging starting position for the Rebels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You see challenge, I see opportunity.

As PMed, I'd rather let others have a turn since I was in the one that just finished, but if you need a player, count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in if you have a free spot ;)
I prefer to play as rebel if is possible ;)
Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And we have our 3 players!

Sircrowin (Javier)
demoss1 (Doug)
quilleashm (Mike)

I can't honour everyone's request. Since Mike was the first one to have a preference and he's already been a team with Doug, I decided:

Mike: Rebel Admiral and General (remember: you still have to play as if in a team, so your leaders are divided and can only be played on the appropriate turn)

Doug (Admiral) and Javier (General) will be the Empire. There will be some time lag, but I think that will be OK (seeing my experience in PBF001 and PBF004)

Another thing: if something happens and you can't continue the game or it will take a long time, please let me and the other players know (with a PM or in the thread, whatever you want).

What's next?

0. The links to the spreadsheets will be sent
0. Rebel player PM's me the Rebel Base system
1. Imperial deployment (3 Star Destroyers, 3 Assault Carriers, 12 TIE Fighters, 12 Stormtroopers, 5 AT-STs, 1 AT-AT, and 1 Death Star)
2. Rebel deployment (1 Corellian Corvette, 1 Rebel Transport, 2 X, 2 Y, 6 troopers and 2 airspeeders)

Oh yes: we are playing with the advanced rules, of course!

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
Cool. Good luck all. However I think deployment is first, then I choose base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quilleashm wrote:
Cool. Good luck all. However I think deployment is first, then I choose base?

That's true according to the rules, so:

1. Imperial deployment
2. Rebel deployment
3. Just before the first assignment phase: PM of secret base.

So right now we're starting with the Imperial deployment of starting troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as division of responsibilities goes, I'm going to try to give the Imperial General a chance to confirm pretty much anything I do. On rare occasion it may be better NOT to discuss an action to avoid giving away information, but I think that tends to apply more to the Rebels than the Empire, so I don't expect that to come up.

OK, looks to me like we need to keep the following in mind for our deployment, General.

Rodia needs a large force, as does Saleucami since Mon Calamari is a prime location even though it is currently neutral. We hope to change THAT!

Corellia needs something, as does either Mygeeto or Mandalore. If we spread out TOO much, we just give the Rebels better targets, so one of those two should probably be lightly garrisoned.

Coruscant isn't that important YET. I'd put a single trooper and maybe a TIE there if we have one we can spare easily (on the other hand, that can wait).

So here's my suggestion.

Rodia: Death Star, Assault Carrier, 4x TIE Fighters; 2x AT-ST, 3x Stormtrooper

Saleucami: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 3x TIE Fighters; AT-AT, AT-ST, 2x Stormtrooper

Mandalore: Star Destroyer, 3x TIE Fighters; 2x Stormtrooper

Corellia: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 2x TIE Fighters; 2x AT-ST, 2x Stormtrooper

Mygeeto: 2x Stormtrooper

Coruscant: Stormtrooper

We could easily exchange the Mygeeto and Mandalore deployments, but there's so little of immediate use next to Mygeeto that I think I prefer Mandalore. I had originally thought that maybe Mandalore should be stronger than Corellia, but after I looked at it I think I'd rather lose Mandalore than Corellia if it comes to that. I'm of course open to your thoughts, whether they be tweaks or radical changes. If you like this, you can just bold it and we can go on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree all you write ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
Rebels also need a starting objective please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like we're agreed on this deployment, then:

Rodia: Death Star, Assault Carrier, 4x TIE Fighters; 2x AT-ST, 3x Stormtrooper

Saleucami: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 3x TIE Fighters; AT-AT, AT-ST, 2x Stormtrooper

Mandalore: Star Destroyer, 3x TIE Fighters; 2x Stormtrooper

Corellia: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 2x TIE Fighters; 2x AT-ST, 2x Stormtrooper

Mygeeto: 2x Stormtrooper

Coruscant: Stormtrooper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quilleashm wrote:
Rebels also need a starting objective please.

New link with complete information sent! And I noted the Imperial deployment and will give a map update after this post.

Since there's only 1 rebel, Mike, you can do the following:

1. Deploy troops
2. PM Rebel Base
And to get the real ball rolling:
3. Assign missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map with Imperial deployment:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools

Rebel deployment

1 Transport and 6 Troops in Ord Mantell.
2 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 1 Corvette and 2 Speeders in the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
Base PMd to Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools

Rebel assignment

Mon Mothma makes a Temporary Alliance with Utapau. Corvette and Cruiser on build 3 please.

Rieekan on B
Leia on D
Dodonna in the pool

Empire assignment next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's an interesting start. Pretty much rules out one option I was going to broach as a possibility. Anyway, here's my suggestion for Imperial assignment.

I suggest one mission only: the Emperor on D.

I can see as an alternate selection Tarkin on C. Either way, with this Rebel start I think we're going to need some serious moves. I'd like to get A done but I just don't see it happening this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally Right. I expect a move from rebels to take UTAPU with diplomacy but I cant see the second move from Rebels...sabotage? no with this carachters...

IMPERIALS Emperor on D

rebels up for his firts command turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Map with rebel assignments:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And while I'm at it: the map with the Imperial assignments added!

And as Javier said:

the Rebel (Admiral) may start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools

Dodonna activates Mandalore and moves in Transport and 4 troops.

Empire to decide to oppose or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dennis, could you post the images with more resolution?

Admiral, I think is better to NO opose and take later some retaliation...what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sircrowin wrote:

(Admiral, I think is better to NO opose and take later some retaliation...what do you think?)

When you click the '+' sign above the image, you now get the 'original' image (I usually did 'large'). That's the best I can do.

You can also click on the image itself and then you will be able to choose how you want to see the image (small-medium-large-original) in the new screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Menghini wrote:
sircrowin wrote:

(Admiral, I think is better to NO opose and take later some retaliation...what do you think?)

When you click the '+' sign above the image, you now get the 'original' image (I usually did 'large'). That's the best I can do.

You can also click on the image itself and then you will be able to choose how you want to see the image (small-medium-large-original) in the new screen.

yes, I do that but its dificult to see the units. No prob, I will work with that ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.