Subject: Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Brillant
Canada
red deer
flag msg tools
Beautiful community,

Please link me to a good sleeve size/product I can buy for these giant cards ! The ares product is sold out everywhere that I can see.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Mayday sleeves
https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/card-sleeves/product...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Brennan
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Fantasy Flight's sleeves; the orange-package Taro card size. You can get them right from Fantasy Flight, when they are in stock. (They are out-of-stock at the moment).

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mayday sleeves are too short (1 or 2 mm of the card pops out at the top) and the Fantasy Flight ones are too wide. If I had a choice, I would get the Fantasy Flight ones. Either way, they will obviously no longer fit in the insert (the stack is too tall and the width of the FF sleeves don't fit in the insert). You could get rid of the insert...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that FFG are too wide. But I have them and it's better than not having them. Never checked for correct sleeves. Are they probably European tarot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use FFG sleeves. They are a bit too wide, but that's no problem at all. All the stuff still fits nicely into the insert. Just put the cards into one of the army boxes and bagged minis in the rest of the available space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had anyone tried the Ultra Pro tarot sleeves? I thought I might, though the hologram may annoy me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilBrillant wrote:
Beautiful community,

Please link me to a good sleeve size/product I can buy for these giant cards ! The ares product is sold out everywhere that I can see.

Thanks

If you want sleeves that perfectly fit the box insert, I recommend the (Panasia Games) 67mmX120mm Swan Sleeves. They're specifically designed for War of the Ring (custom-made).

It only depends if you want those thicker sleeves. Since this is a game that ix fairly complex and isn't played all that often, is not a card game by itself and features basically a sole shuffle in the entirety of the game (basically, just at the beginning), AND considering the fact that it features a fairly small deck of just 24 cards, I personally don't consider it of an issue in any way (I put the hard, FFG-type sleeves only for games such as, for example, Twilight Struggle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
note about the panasia sleeves;
-a problem I have with the sleeves is that the cards where pretty flush with the tops of the sleeves once placed,.. I wish it had a bit more room..

-now, its been over a year since I bought these and here's my big issue;
the sleeves still look nice but they have this 'ugly feel to them, their not sticky but they don't slide,.. and worst of all they have this nasty "squeak" when I shuffle the cards,.. and that's my deal breaker,..

just my thoughts,..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PowerRing wrote:
-a problem I have with the sleeves is that the cards where pretty flush with the tops of the sleeves once placed,.. I wish it had a bit more room..

the sleeves still look nice but they have this 'ugly feel to them, their not sticky but they don't slide,.. and worst of all they have this nasty "squeak" when I shuffle the cards,.. and that's my deal breaker,..

just my thoughts,..

Yeah, that's no good. I purchased the Ares tins, but I have sleeved my Witcher Gwent tarot cards in Ultimate Guard Tarot sleeves I purchased from Cool Stuff Inc. They are nice quality, seem to shuffle well and are cheap at $1.79 per 50 pack. I really do not know how well they fit WotR cards, but they do advertise that they work.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/218470

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PowerRing wrote:

just my thoughts,..

Most of your thoughts are spot on, but I've mentioned that those sleeves might be literally the only option if he wants to preserve the box insert.

It also partially depends where you live. Those are, I think, the only sleeves which I can easily acquire at a standard cost, without ordering online and with all the shipping and tolls.
The squeakiness is there and a bit annoying, I'll hand you there. I may have become immune to it over the years because most of my cards prior had those sleeves; only this year I've tried those hard FFG-ones. They also fit the cards rather perfectly, which is more than nice (don't think I've seen that with any of the games I own).

By the way, would've loved your opinion when the same issue was troubling me. :-) https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1620179/storage-question

bclayj wrote:
Yeah, that's no good. I purchased the Ares tins, but I have sleeved my Witcher Gwent tarot cards in Ultimate Guard Tarot sleeves I purchased from Cool Stuff Inc. They are nice quality, seem to shuffle well and are cheap at $1.79 per 50 pack. I really do not know how well they fit WotR cards, but they do advertise that they work.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/218470

The cards fit into the slightly smaller Swan Sleeves, so it indeed refers to the 2nd edition, and not the 1st. The problem is, however, if you want to preserve the game's box insert (I don't think those will go).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.