Black Box» Forums » General

Subject: Could black box be played like battleship with two boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Parsons

Pinole
California
msg tools
I'm thinking about a set up where each player has a game board, and a holder to keep the solution upright and private. Each player makes a separate puzzle, Then players take turns calling numbers to figure out their puzzle. When a player is certain about their solution, they call, perhaps an accusation... like in Clue? And they tally points and keep acting as hider until the other seeker can't beat their score for that round. I believe it would work, but requires you own two copies of the game. Any thoughts? If you try it, please let me know how it worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you have a recipe for a new game there, man (not just a variant). I would look into this further if I were you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Yea, you're basically just interrupting the flow of a game to interject another one, so essentially you're playing two games at once rather than one after the other. Looks pretty straight forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Parsons

Pinole
California
msg tools
I thought about that, two games played simultaneously, but if you think about it, battleship also has two puzzles played concurrently, each player trying to solve in the fewest turns. Anyone here own two copies of Black Box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good concept. You should make a rule that you either call a number or make a guess on your turn. So if you opponent has 'figured out' your puzzle before you figured out theirs, you can still take a guess at the solution to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

If anyone is in Chandler, Arizona who has a copy of blackbox, I'd be up for a try. I have one copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.