Subject: War game news sources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the good sources of text based news (as opposed to podcasts, videos) for war game news here on the Geek? I sub to a few geek lists like Your Most Anticipated Wargames of 2016, and read "Gone Cardboard" but i'd like to stay tuned a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.consimworld.com

If you haven't checked it out in awhile, the site has been updating its technology. Once I "got it", I visit it much more frequently than bgg.

I know you're looking for sources here on BGG but thought I'd throw this in as it's a very good source, especially for vendor support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
What are the good sources of text based news (as opposed to podcasts, videos) for war game news here on the Geek? I sub to a few geek lists like Your Most Anticipated Wargames of 2016, and read "Gone Cardboard" but i'd like to stay tuned a bit more.

FWIW subscribing to the forums of my favorite wargames fairly often leads to me learning about other similar wargames, sequels, expansions, etc to the games I already know I like.

There is the monthly GMT preview geeklist, e.g. GMT P500 Update List for August 2016

There is a meta-geeklist of possible interest for finding geeklists of specific interest:
Wargamer's Guide to Wargaming Geeklists

Of course if there are specific publishers you're interested in, they typically have email lists you can sign up for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.