Subject: Myth 2.0 Extra Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Molloy
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played our first game last night I have a better feel for it now and can check most of the cards but I just want to confirm a couple of things that we seem to have extra from GenCon.

It seems I have a set of cards for a new hero. Its one that makes all the traps but there is no hero reference for this person. Symobol is a spanner/wrench in a cog.

Does anyone have details for this?

I also have a c quest called Conner's Toy but I understand these quests are no longer used in 2.0?

Exra mini-bossesand Agents include:

Conner
Razorfiend
Twilight Knight
Keese & Og
DonnChadh

How does these get played and can we get figures for them?

Finally I have 2 cards which look like they are for a class which I do not have. Stone Cold and True Sacrifice (class symbol is a skull).

Many thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got a lot of content from the first edition Kickstarter. I think your first course of action should be to determine if you also have all of the 2.0 content as well. Have a look at this excellent geeklist:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/198820/im-new-myth-what-d...

Otherwise, see my specific answers below:

Aldor wrote:
Having played our first game last night I have a better feel for it now and can check most of the cards but I just want to confirm a couple of things that we seem to have extra from GenCon.

It seems I have a set of cards for a new hero. Its one that makes all the traps but there is no hero reference for this person. Symobol is a spanner/wrench in a cog.

Does anyone have details for this?

This is the deck for the Trickster Hero, who was a 1.0 Kickstarter Exclusive that included a mini and set of several brown and green equipment cards.

Anyway, all of the v2.0 materials needed to play him can be downloaded from the Megacon website here: http://megacongames.com/downloads/ under "2.0 Expansion Hero Content". That should serve as a useful checklist for you.

Aldor wrote:
I also have a quest called Conner's Toy but I understand these quests are no longer used in 2.0?

Quests are still used, but they were rewritten. Myth can be played in two game modes: Adventure (uses the quest deck and the players make all choices about what tiles and enemies they face), and Module (formerly Story Quests, these use a booklet of pre-generated tiles with a heavy emphasis on backstory).

Connor's Toy was also a KS exclusive from the first Kickstarter, and replaces one of the base game quests (Lucy's Doll).

Aldor wrote:

Exra mini-bossesand Agents include:

Conner
Razorfiend
Twilight Knight
Keese & Og
DonnChadh

How does these get played and can we get figures for them?

Again, this is all KS exclusive stuff from the first Kickstarter. They each came with minis and statcards.

Aldor wrote:

Finally I have 2 cards which look like they are for a class which I do not have. Stone Cold and True Sacrifice (class symbol is a skull).

These are Hero cards that are awarded when the party defeats the matching Agent; see the 2.0 rulebook on page 19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the new hero is the trickster and though I have action cards and two figures, I don't have a hero reference card either. The hero reference cards are just summaries of what used to come in the manual on how to play the character. I think the V1 way was better, I find the card too brief to be useful. I suspect the trickster may still be v1 (not that it matters that much). Haven't played it yet.

Supposedly the chapter quests (c) are no longer used in v2 but you can certainly still play it if you want to. There is not that much difference between v1 and v2. I looked carefully at the cards and there are very few real substantive differences in the action cards. Mostly wording changes.

Keese & Ogg is the mini boss for the rat folk. The Razorfiend is the mini boss for the grubbers. DonnChadh is an Agent used in some of the story quests in the little book that comes with the KS lot. There is a story adventure for him.

I suspect (but don't know) that someone at MCG has a dog named Conner since I now have a version of him for Myth and Mercs Recon. In Mercs he has mounted guns. The Twilight Knight is a crossover from Kingdom Death and she also has a story quest in the little book

I got figures for them when I bought a kickstarter lot but the only other place you will probably find the figures is on eBay (or eventually maybe from MCG maybe)

The 2 cards are, I think, cards you are supposed to get access to as a action cards if you defeat (or otherwise work with) an agent. I think you can substitute them into your deck.

I'm a beginner so you knowledgeable folks can correct anything mistakes I've made above!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Molloy
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy replies - will get to work on trying out these quests and downloading some replacements.

I read somewhere that Megacon will be re-issuing "expansion packs" in 2.0 format soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Keese & Ogg is the mini boss for the rat folk. The Razorfiend is the mini boss for the grubbers.

Mini-bosses are not tied to a race. Unless a quest names one, you can drop in any mini-boss you wish to fight (eg. Etrus, Yardu, Teilight Knight etc).

Race composition is Minion, Captain, Commander (introduced in JM) and Boss. Mini-Boss and Ultra/World Boss (also introduced in JM) are thematically more like a random wandering monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
Keese & Ogg is the mini boss for the rat folk. The Razorfiend is the mini boss for the grubbers.

Mini-bosses are not tied to a race. Unless a quest names one, you can drop in any mini-boss you wish to fight (eg. Etrus, Yardu, Teilight Knight etc).

Race composition is Minion, Captain, Commander (introduced in JM) and Boss. Mini-Boss and Ultra/World Boss (also introduced in JM) are thematically more like a random wandering monster.

It does have some effect, though, now that Megacon has started assigning monster-type designations to mini-bosses. If a mini-boss is of a different monster-type than the other monsters on the tile, then that adds 1 to the AP track (on the Darkness board) during the Refresh phase (if it is the same as another monster-type on the tile, the mini-boss doesn't an extra AP).

(edited to clarify and fix typo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.