6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Can't get a response from Publisher for missing part rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased Francis Drake and we played it a few times over a couple months. One play though we noticed on of the parts was wrong and we had to do a work-around to make the game work. Each player is supposed to have one small plastic model of a ship and one larger ship that you use to show you upgraded. One of the colors has 2 small ships and no large. I've emailed a picture and request to Eagle-Gryphon Games through their customer support and waited 2+ weeks with no response. I've dealt with a few other game companies (Rio Grande, cool Mini Or Not, Z-man) about missing or defective parts and they have always gone out of their way to communicate and replace the part. Is this typical of Eagle-Gryphon or does anyone know a better way to have my issue resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
see forums over at...

Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly if it has been that long and u recieved no response i would just send another email to remind them. I recently went through this with ravensburger and whats your game to get some stuff replaced and the process was a little slow. Usually around this time of year publishers get swamped with work dur to all the conventions and stuff going on. I did end up getting the parts and the people in their customer svc depts were no less than amazing. Its just timing. Im sure if this would have happened near the beginning of the year i would have had the parts in less than two weeks. Publisbers are just really busy this time of year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel

Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't hurt to contact them again. But if it gives you any hope, I was missing some pieces for Francis Drake and they sent them to me within a few weeks. (Three weeks after I emailed them I got an email apologizing for the delayed reply and letting me know that the pieces would be sent soon.) Other companies have been much more prompt, but it in the end it all worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience calling them directly yielded better results than an email. After I called and spoke to a rep I received a replacement part in less than 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this issue when contacting Repos Production for my 7 Wonders Duel game. It took a full month to get a response. Now they are not U.S. based, so I think various holidays may have affected their response time. In the end I got what I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.