Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On another thread, someone mentioned a derivative of Times Up where you use Cards Against Humanity cards...

That got me wondering, has anyone else had fun ideas for combining game pieces or elements to create either a "new" game or enhance the play pieces/parts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any storytelling game and Dixit cards. Or Codenames and Dixit cards (Codenames is actually making - or already made - a version that is basically this).

I have an (admittedly rough) idea for amalgamating a bunch of stuff I have into a modular storytelling system. It would include various game cards, Dixit cards, dice from Rory's Story Cubes, and potentially some roleplaying elements as well.

I suppose the spirit of the thread precludes things like component upgrades. But I did purchase Lord of the Rings Monopoly pieces to enhance Kill Shakespeare, as shown here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2331234/kill-shakespeare
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My buddy created a scenario where X-Wing impacted imperial assault. So basically you had to as the rebels, stop imperial trooper ships from landing otherwise it gets REALLY hard. 3 trooper ships, you start with I think 4 fighters. The trooper ships drop all sorts of stuff to make the scenario below harder as soon as they land. It was pretty fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
That got me wondering, has anyone else had fun ideas for combining game pieces or elements to create either a "new" game or enhance the play pieces/parts?

A lot of Looney Pyramids games are (to varying degrees) re-implementations or variants or alternate versions of other games. Similarly for other "game kits / systems" like Decktet Games and Piecepack Games.

Conversely, I've sometimes played Zendo using other bits than the intended Looney Pyramids: e.g. various colored wooden cubes, or BGG forum icons...

I recently played Let's Catch the Lion! in a bus using Shogi pieces...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
Any storytelling game and Dixit cards. Or Codenames and Dixit cards (Codenames is actually making - or already made - a version that is basically this).

I have an (admittedly rough) idea for amalgamating a bunch of stuff I have into a modular storytelling system. It would include various game cards, Dixit cards, dice from Rory's Story Cubes, and potentially some roleplaying elements as well.

I suppose the spirit of the thread precludes things like component upgrades. But I did purchase Lord of the Rings Monopoly pieces to enhance Kill Shakespeare, as shown here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2331234/kill-shakespeare

I am interested in both, actually. Combining games to eiher make a new game or to make a game more visually fun like you did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone actually combined games to make something that you now prefer over the original games used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dodger
United States
River Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To enhance the play of Wizard's Quest, I added cubes and disks to replace the chits for armies and treasures, black meeples to replace the orc chits, a white pawn from Pandemic to replace the wizard, and a blue die from Dragon Dice to represent the dragon.

More practical than pretty but you get the point.

EDIT: And the builder and large meeple from Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders to represent the hero and sorcerer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RVS70 wrote:
To enhance the play of Wizard's Quest, I added cubes and disks to replace the chits for armies and treasures, black meeples to replace the orc chits, a white pawn from Pandemic to replace the wizard, and a blue die from Dragon Dice to represent the dragon.

More practical than pretty but you get the point.

EDIT: And the builder and large meeple from Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders to represent the hero and sorcerer.

Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.