United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state "op fire may me conducted at a moving unit moving in which it began its turn if the first hex it enters places it in melee."

Does that mean if a unit moves a couple hexes then enters an enemy vehicle hex to close assault, no one can op fire at that unit as it enters the melee hex, including the target enemy vehicle in that hex?

Also I believe there is a rulebook error on page 7. I believe it should state "...it would not get the -4 modifier for moving into a new hex."

Not +4 modifier

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb

IIRC correctly, that rule is for units which begin the turn adjacent to an enemy unit. Normally you Op Fire vs a hex that an enemy units moves to. Since you cannot fire at an enemy unit in the same hex, this rule allows you to Op Fire as it begins movement (but before it actually gets to the melee hex).

If an enemy unit moves a couple hexes, you have to Op Fire on it BEFORE it enters the melee hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hi....i don't find that line in pg7.
Are we using the same rulebook versions?
I am using V2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Where can I lay my grubby hands on V2.1, pray tell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
Kesavanss wrote:
Where can I lay my grubby hands on V2.1, pray tell?

2.1 is included in Remastered editions of Ghost Panzer, and Screaming Eagles, and also in Texas Arrows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Is it online?
May I download it somewhere, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't these the rules from kickstarter?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82184/rules-21

andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Wow
Thanks much for the link
I have been using v2 all this while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice that there is a rules change here. The old rules said that you can Op Fire against a unit that moves directly into a hex occupied by an enemy unit, whereas the new rules refer to Melee (which excludes Close Assault).
So if an infantry unit moves directly into a hex occupied by a Vehicle, the Vehicle can't fire at it.

I preferred the old rule and debated it with Jim, but Jim likes the new one.

Actually (and on the subject of flaws in the rules suddenly jumping out at you) I've just realised that the old rule was pants anyway because if I fire at a unit that enters the hex of an ENEMY unit, then those two units must be friendly to each other. What I want to do is fire at an enemy unit that enters a hex occupied by a unit that is friendly to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.