Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mech Command RTS» Forums » General

Subject: This seems like a professional way to handle criticism rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Bad Crow Games Creator

@John Aleo: "The game is awesome but the people behind it have constantly failed to deliver." Is there something else you are still waiting on sir? Did the design team not change everything around and redesign the models to your needs in two weeks? Are those kick-ass, streamlined, and accessible rules for the core set bothering you? Did you not want them released until their absolute final version? Has the business side not kept you apprised of every key important change along the way with an update averaging every 3 days? Was the release in spending goals, explanation on the SG's, the target numbers and cost projections too imprecise for your personal analysis? Were the 3rd party reviews that were promised not to your taste? Basically is there any promise that we made and have now fulfilled that you would like us to re-do to meet your satisfaction?


Quote:
Bad Crow Games Creator

Actually you have so many business insights and advice perhaps it would be better if you called Aaron directly at XXX-XXX-XXXX (redacted by me). You can discuss your theories on his "scam tactics". He has an open phone policy with any backer to answer any question. By the way @latenight lyle we are not asking for money from anyone who does not have confidence in the project "your ability to soundly run this campaign to its completion much less further company success is highly questionable." Do you understand what we are saying: we do not want your money.


Quote:
Bad Crow Games Creator

Sames goes for you @John Aleo


http://imgur.com/a/DRF4x

http://imgur.com/a/IEwQ2

http://imgur.com/a/sWh5Z

Edit: It was Chris' wife who was posting this, she's no longer on the collaborator list. Incredibly hilarious.

http://imgur.com/a/PW93L

http://imgur.com/a/jrJHQ

Edit 2: They added her back and now she's posting under her own name and lying about having removed the person responsible for making the comments.

http://imgur.com/a/NkQxf

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but how do you know that it was her posting the comments under the contributor account?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a difference between being pretty confident, and knowing for a fact - especially when there's no evidence you can show. Ani is showing currently as a Contributor on the KS page.

To be clear - it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if its true, but I'd want evidence before I would feel comfortable challenging it on the page.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pedersen
United States
Oxford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks to one of the games I play (Ingress), I've been forced to look for nearly impossible ways in which claims can be true. It's only when I can't find any of those that I can actually call out behavior, by name, and expect the backing of that community. That is now being put to use here.

At one point, while looking at the rules document, I saw names listed as editing the document that I'd never seen before when looking at the Kickstarter itself. I look at the full bio for BCG on KS, and I don't see those names listed anywhere. Therefore, if I didn't screw up on reading those names, it's possible that the individual did not have their own KS account, and were not listed as Collaborators, but have still been removed from the project (perhaps the individual only had access to the BCG account itself, and that account password has been changed).

Without asking the creators directly, we can't be 100% certain that either of the scenarios presented here are correct. Personally, I'd prefer somebody else asking directly this time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Caruana
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How about your behavior Trent? You've been trolling this project, spreading misinformation and harassing the creators as often as you can. From the constant spamming of the comments sections with multiple fake KS profiles, to hindering public feedback on the Rules posted on Google Docs. (By constantly closing/resolving all comments and suggestions). At least the creators acknowledged to the backers that the contributors comments were inappropriate and apologized. Are you man enough to apologize to backers and creators of this project for your behavior?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher gabrielson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Actually Ani stepped away from community involvement after being harassed by Trent. She was replaced by one of the old play-testers who volunteered to help out for the last few days. He was provided with the company login to provide some consistency in official communications. That did not work out so well, so Ani is back helping out Her interaction has always been extremely professional and positive. She's a trooper!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shockmoth wrote:
Actually Ani stepped away from community involvement after being harassed by Trent. She was replaced by one of the old play-testers who volunteered to help out for the last few days. He was provided with the company login to provide some consistency in official communications. That did not work out so well, so Ani is back helping out Her interaction has always been extremely professional and positive. She's a trooper!



Strange that she would start posting again right after this incident, wouldn't you say?

I'm sorry guys, I was actually interested in this game from day 1, but there has been so much shady business, and if only you would re-launch the campaign I'd actually consider hoping on board. The simple fact that you won't leads me to believe that this was a true bait and switch.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pedersen
United States
Oxford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Crabbok wrote:
Strange that she would start posting again right after this incident, wouldn't you say?


Why would this be strange? She stepped away, but very likely the account credentials were not changed. Since she's married to Chris, she likely is living with him. He probably looked at the comments, saw things going very downhill, and asked her to help remove the guy's access. She did so, and took over replying again. The only thing strange there would be if Chris himself had the access to change the account password, and didn't do it himself. Even that could be explained by having Ani talk to the guy about it if he's a closer friend of Ani's than Chris's. This is decidedly a mountain being made out of a molehill.

Crabbok wrote:
I'm sorry guys, I was actually interested in this game from day 1, but there has been so much shady business, and if only you would re-launch the campaign I'd actually consider hoping on board. The simple fact that you won't leads me to believe that this was a true bait and switch.


This is something I mentioned over in the comments, but is worth mentioning here: Ideally, launching a Kickstarter should be super low cost. In reality, though, if you don't have enough press happening in some fashion, your Kickstarter either needs to fund from immediate friends and family, or it's not going anywhere. That means that Bad Crow Games has a marketing budget for this Kickstarter. They've stated they're using personal investors (likely the aforementioned family and friends) to get this Kickstarter off the ground, which likely means the personal investments were the whole marketing budget. That money, from the sounds of it, has been spent. With personal investors, there really isn't a "round two".

In other words, it's quite likely that canceling and relaunching this Kickstarter is viewed by them as canceling the game entirely, and with good reason.

I wish they'd relaunch myself. Threads like this are the reason why. It would let them have a clean slate, and remove the "bait and switch" accusations. But I'm not sure they can afford to do so, so I'll take this campaign, if the options are "this campaign or nothing".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pedersen wrote:

I wish they'd relaunch myself. Threads like this are the reason why. It would let them have a clean slate, and remove the "bait and switch" accusations. But I'm not sure they can afford to do so, so I'll take this campaign, if the options are "this campaign or nothing".


Which sends the message, "You can act really shady, but I'll still give you money."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pedersen
United States
Oxford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Idaho11 wrote:
Which sends the message, "You can act really shady, but I'll still give you money."


That might be the message you see me as sending, but the message I'm actually sending is "I know that sunk costs can't be recovered, and I can understand that, even if you want to, you might not be able to relaunch the game."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.