Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having problems understanding how to apply Neptune's Anger.

Looking at the icons on the bottom of the card:
Bottom Left - If the Green NP Ships roll Sails, it counts as Strength 3, and they Move towards the Blue Special Ship.
Middle - 4 Loot available.
Bottom Right - This is where I am stuck. If I roll grapeshot on a green NP ship, it counts as 3 strength. Then underneath it has a little blue dice, and then underneath it says "explode" and Skull/crossbones on a Special Blue Ship has no effect.

I am not sure which effects to resolve against which ships, or how to resolve them. Please help!

Tina.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this base game or Angry Ocean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
If a ship has the volley symbol facing up, it gets a value of 3 in the battle phase that happens after the NP ship action and the player actions of move and cannon. It does not volley because it does not have a banner under it that says volley. If the blue ship has a skull and crossbones showing, nothing happens during the NP ship phase or the battle. Just as it says, no effect. If the blue ship has a number facing up, during the NP ship action it explodes and blows up the number of ships closest to it according to the number shown on the dice. This happens first, before any player actions of sail or cannon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the blue dice shows a skull and crossbones, it doesn't explode. When we reach the battle phase, it doesn't have a strength, so do I treat it as an ally (i.e. it cannot battle?).

I can see how thematically makes sense (I guess we assume the blue dice is like angry waves that cannot be fought). It was just throwing me from a mechanics perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.