BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: RuneWars FFG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Webber
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit I was quite surprised to see FFG venturing into the "wargame" world with their newly announced RuneWars. At first I believed it to be a knee-jerk reaction to GW giving up on Warhammer Fantasy, presenting a potential opening in that market; and I still believe that may have had something to do with their decision.

Team Covenant's coverage at Gen Con of a full Demo of the game showed some mechanism similarities with other FFG titles, namely X-Wing, which is cool. I love most FFG products but have to say i'll be staying away from this one. The cost (guessing) will no doubt be upper plateau, and would seem, at least to me, to be a "lifestyle" type game. Expansion regiments(?), heroes and other goodies will just elevate the total cost, not to mention paints and other supplies.

With the trend in miniature tabletop gaming of going for smaller, skirmish type games makes me wonder why FFG didn't go that route instead.

Anyway, just wonder what others think of FFG's venture into Wargaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.