Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian B
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife played for first time with me, she as the corp. when i encountered her Tollbooth, she insisted the credits goes to her which in her defence, "just makes sense". But I was left thinking, isnt the rule that all paid credits go to the bank? Who's correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Credits go to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paid to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Wow I've never thought of that interpretation but tollbooth would be so hilariously broken if that were the case. It's already insanely taxing but the corp would essentially pay 5 to Rez the first time and then just making their money back extremely quickly after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick tip, if you use femme fatale on her tollbooth, then you don't have to pay the 3 because you'll be bypassing the ice, not encountering it
(Not something that's entirely intuitive)

As others have said, if you pay the 3 then it goes to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
Quick tip, if you use femme fatale on her tollbooth, then you don't have to pay the 3 because you'll be bypassing the ice, not encountering it

QFT. Tollbooth is the best ICE to Femme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
Quick tip, if you use femme fatale on her tollbooth, then you don't have to pay the 3 because you'll be bypassing the ice, not encountering it :)

Not strictly true. In order to bypass you must first encounter, however your bypass on encounter effect happens first at which point you are passed the Tollbooth so the corp's on encounter effect doesn't trigger.

Important for things like Kit's ability or if you were to make a run on the corp's turn you would have to pay 3 before bypassing.

EDIT* Something like Inside Job however, if you could play it on the corp's turn, would bypass before the on encounter effect as it creates a constant ability which always resolves before a conditional ability but there's currently no way to do that :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dom
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Quote:
Not strictly true. In order to bypass you must first encounter, however your bypass on encounter effect happens first at which point you are passed the Tollbooth so the corp's on encounter effect doesn't trigger.

Important for things like Kit's ability or if you were to make a run on the corp's turn you would have to pay 3 before bypassing.

EDIT* Something like Inside Job however, if you could play it on the corp's turn, would bypass before the on encounter effect as it creates a constant ability which always resolves before a conditional ability but there's currently no way to do that

Yes. However, how does this go with Chum? Is Chum a constant ability? If so, then wouldn't you have to pay the 3 and break the subroutine to avoid Chum's net damage?

We had this come up in my group and I hadn't read the constant ability vs. conditional ability thing yet, but I guess chum is conditional (you have to encounter another piece of ICE). So we ruled that the runner's Femme Fatale effect happens first and the Chum effect goes to the next piece of ICE behind that. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Making sure I understand:

Ice 1 - Chum, subroutine fires
Ice 2 - Tollbooth, Runner uses Femme to encounter and then bypass the ice.

In this case, the runner did not break the subroutines, they bypassed them, so the Chum net damage would fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elliwc02 wrote:
Yes. However, how does this go with Chum? Is Chum a constant ability? If so, then wouldn't you have to pay the 3 and break the subroutine to avoid Chum's net damage?

We had this come up in my group and I hadn't read the constant ability vs. conditional ability thing yet, but I guess chum is conditional (you have to encounter another piece of ICE). So we ruled that the runner's Femme Fatale effect happens first and the Chum effect goes to the next piece of ICE behind that. Is this correct?

There's a lot about Chum covered in the FAQ:

"Chum’s ability is a required conditional effect that creates a constant +2 strength effect." (p. 14) Yes, you would have to pay 3 and break to avoid Chum's net damage.

You're ruling was not correct.

"The Runner uses Femme Fatale to bypass a Komainu for 0 credits. If there is a Chum installed before the Komainu, are the 0 subroutines on Komainu broken, or does the Runner take the 3 net damage?
The subroutines are not broken because the ice was bypassed, and the Runner takes 3 net damage." (p. 16)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.