Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I hadn't played Resistance in a while until I got to play yesterday at a local game shop. I was playing with my friend Jesse, a store employee named Travis, and three guys I whose name I didn't know (I will refer to them as A, B, and C here). It was one of the best games I have played, so I figured I would put up a write-up here.

Round #1 - Travis is the leader and selects Jesse for his team. Everyone except C approves, and the mission fails. This tells us that either Travis or Jesse is a spy, but they're both acting suspiciously and we're not sure which one it is. SPIES 1 - RESISTANCE 0

Round #2 - C becomes the leader and picks me and A for his team. Everyone approves, and the mission succeeds. This leads us to believe that me, A, and C are all probably Resistance members, because it would be awfully tempting for a spy on that mission to throw a fail and leave the Resistance in a 2-0 hole with the four person mission coming up. SPIES 1 - RESISTANCE 1

Round #3 - Jesse becomes the leader and puts forth a mission which is rejected. I become the leader and put me, A, C, and Travis on the mission. The mission fails. This makes us fairly confident that Travis is a spy. That means that there are now two possibilities. Either B and Travis are the two spies, or Jesse and Travis are the two spies. SPIES 2 - RESISTANCE 1

Round #4 - The mission is rejected a couple of times before it finally ends up being the same team from Round #2, that is me, A, and C. The mission succeeds, guaranteeing that Travis is a spy. Now the question becomes who is the other spy. SPIES 2 - RESISTANCE 2

Round #5 - C believes that Jesse and Travis are both spies, and they managed to coordinate so only one of them threw a fail on the first mission. Me and A are not sure. The evidence seems to more convincingly point to B being a spy, especially because it is hard to coordinate who is going to throw a fail with two spies as the only two people on a mission. Of course, it's possible that Travis could have selected the other spy for the mission and then thrown a success, figuring that if worst came to worst it would likely exonerate he and Jesse.

C was the leader, and he threw out a mission that had both Jesse and B on it to see what would happen. Everyone rejected it, so we gained no information. Jesse became leader next and put together a mission with himself plus the three known Resistance members. It was rejected, with C being the key vote that brought it down. I went with the same team, and A finally convinced C that we had to take our chances with Jesse because it was more likely that he was Resistance than that B was. The mission was approved, with B and Travis as the two people rejecting it. We made our choices and shuffled up the cards.

Success, success, success, and...

SUCCESS!

We all breathed a huge sigh of relief.

SPIES 2 - RESISTANCE 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.