Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Written right after we played the game, posted the next day. There is a tl;dr at the bottom for anyone wanting the short version. A similar recap is posted on my blog: The Longest Night: A Tale of Woe]

I just about need THERAPY right now and the best thing I can think of is to blog this unbelievable disaster.

Who: Patrick, Julia, Ben, Hahn, me

What: Dead of Winter: The Long Night - Tribute scenario (get 2 cards from each location, send somebody back to the colony, donate the cards). Modules - Raxxon + improvements.

Where: Adam & Krista's

*deep breath*

It took us about an hour to set up because the game was new and people (including folks hanging around our table) were really chatty. We had four rounds. No one was the betrayer (or so we thought). The scenario was a little tricky because you couldn't just donate the stuff directly, you had to move a survivor from a non-colony location back to the colony and then give up the goods.

Round 1: People move out, we pass the crisis. Bad zombie comes out as a result of Raxxon thing. Not possible to contribute to the main objective yet.

[taken by Andrew/dotKeller] Here we are partway through the game. Notice that Chris is already acting up and I am giving him what our friend Dave calls Wife Eye. A foreshadowing of events to come.

Round 2: We take on a ton of helpless survivors but barely manage to stay fed. I use my character abilities to just barely squeak by and get stuff for my objective AND stuff to donate from the grocery store. Mostly folks are still out and about. Another bad Raxxon thing happens because we are just ignoring it. We do manage to get a turret somehow.

Round 3: Only two rounds left to figure this out. Blood sweat and tears, people. We go around the table and meticulously make sure that both donation cards from every location are accounted for in people's hands/future searches and that everyone has a way to donate what they have. Working SO hard.

Round 3 crisis impossible to complete; ALL survivors will take a despair token at the end of the round. We can survive that. Crossroads: long story short, all survivors have to take a despair token. Now we're maxed out and anyone with a single wound has to heal up in order to survive this.

Morale is low, at 3. Chris moves a person back to the colony and gets bit. Morale at 2. Bite spreads to Blue (the monkey, my character). Morale at 1. Everyone is on tenterhooks. Then Chris MISREADS HIS OBJECTIVE CARD and moves a character from the hospital to the colony.

TOOTH. Morale drops to zero, WE ALL LOSE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

He thought he needed to have a character at the colony, but his card said "at a non-colony location" so he actually needed that character to stay put in order to win.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

[taken by Patrick/pjolmstead]

Tl;dr Hahn accidentally screws over the entire group after three hours and I lose my will to live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uff... that's rough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
msg tools
Hahaha brilliant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolands Briedis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
If I own the DoW base game, do you think TLN is worth extra money?
And how you rate 1-10 the new expansion? Because I saw at your profile DoW you rated DoW 10/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure yet about a rating for the expansion.

As far as whether it's worth it, I would say it depends on how much of a chance you get to play Dead of Winter. If you play it a lot and would appreciate the extra content (it's kind of like DoW: extended edition), it's probably worth it. If you don't get to play DoW often as is, you might not need TLN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.