6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Sleeved cards in original plastic inserts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Is there a way to somehow expand the original plastic inserts that come with games to accommodate for sleeved cards?
I think it could have been done with heating it and stretching it with some slightly larger rectangle piece... Anybody tried doing something like that? I'd like to have cards sleeved and still keep them in the original insert and I don't want to ruin the thing by trying something that won't work.

Or am I better just getting a costume made insert for the sleeved cards?

Thanks for any suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't try: you can burn it instead of just heating it, the fumes can be toxic, when plastic is heated you can deform it but without predicting how, you can lose plasticity ....

My advice : either adapt yourself to the insert ... or throw it away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
I wouldn't try: you can burn it instead of just heating it, the fumes can be toxic, when plastic is heated you can deform it but without predicting how, you can lose plasticity ....

All very good points. Do NOT try to heat plastic or you could become ill or worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
You could try the semi-custom insert route. It depends on the insert, but I've been able to cut out the card holder portion of the plastic insert and replace it with a foam core card holder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
This might work, thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
cool username wrote:
Xahendir wrote:

All very good points. Do NOT try to heat plastic or you could become ill or worse.

I thought it might not be a good idea. Thanks for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.