lel dude
msg tools
In a 3 player game:

On round 1:

Let's say player A rolls 2 diplomacy action dice & 3 ships and he activates all the dice on his turn

Player B has 2 culture to spend. He would like to follow the 2 diplomacy action dice, is he allowed to spend 2 culture to follow any 2 actions? or is he limited to only one follow per round?

As i understand it, there is no limit so hoarding culture (by setting up a culture engine) would make the game considerably easier since you can utilise the strategy of spending 1 culture> following another player's 'culture' action> generate 3-4 culture > reinvest that culture by spending 1 to follow any other action and outrace other players in colonizing planets

many thanks for clarifying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Field
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can follow as many actions as you have culture to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Poyyayil
Switzerland
Schaffhausen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The perfect setup is having two ships collecting culture. So whenever you spend one culture to collect culture, you regain more than you spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
Which has led to some players 'House Ruling' that only one follow per turn is allowed. To reduce the abuse of a culture engine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leldude wrote:
As i understand it, there is no limit so hoarding culture (by setting up a culture engine) would make the game considerably easier since you can utilise the strategy of spending 1 culture> following another player's 'culture' action> generate 3-4 culture > reinvest that culture by spending 1 to follow any other action and outrace other players in colonizing planets

I believe the 7 is a hard limit. You can't have more than 7 Culture (or Energy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... though you can gain Culture after spending some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
... though you can gain Culture after spending some.

This is true, and capping out at 7 is usually good enough.

I read that that poster's comment to mean that you could stockpile all the culture you want because there's no limit. Then just follow other people's movements and colonizations all day long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.