Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United States
Coconut Creek
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In turn-by-turn play, does silent running happen in addition to your normal movement, or instead of your normal movement?

If it happens in addition to your normal movement, then the first officer would be able to mark 2 systems in the same turn, 1 for the normal movement and 1 for the silent running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, systems are separate from movement. As such, when you use silence, you do not charge systems. Although it looks like movement, it is simply a system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oggeymoggel wrote:
As I understand it, systems are separate from movement. As such, when you use silence, you do not charge systems. Although it looks like movement, it is simply a system.

Unfortunately this system seems to be an exception. The rules under Activating Silence" do state the First Mate marks an empty space and the Engineer crosses out a symbol of choice in the direction of travel.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silence is indeed a system.

Therefore on your turn, you must move first and you can then activate a system. If that system is the Silence, then you will effectively move again in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Pul
Netherlands
Leiden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabian,
It seems to me that surfacing is done INSTEAD of moving, since the rule book (English) states that 'instead of announcing a course, a captain SPENDS HIS TURN announces that he is surfacing...'
Maybe the french rulebook is more clear on this?

Sara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saremie wrote:
Fabian,
It seems to me that surfacing is done INSTEAD of moving, since the rule book (English) states that 'instead of announcing a course, a captain SPENDS HIS TURN announces that he is surfacing...'
Maybe the french rulebook is more clear on this?

Sara

Ah, but surfacing is not the same as silence! Surfacing is not a system activation! And as you say, it is indeed done instead of playing a standard turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.