Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United States
Coconut Creek
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In turn-turn-play, we played that you could activate 1 system before or after your move. Was that correct, or does it have to always be move before you activate a system on your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, it is move... Then activate. The engineer and the first mate acknowledge th move with their actions. But if you mean fire torpedos (for example), I think THAT is your turn. The only thing that you can do at any time is trigger a mine that has already been placed.

-Mike

EDIT: I think I've been playing wrong!! I need to check the rules again!!!!!

EDIT x2: ok, retread the rules with a better understanding of the game and threads. Here is what I've come up with... Every turn must have a movement and acknowledgement by engineer and first mate. If the captain does not move s/he MUST be surfacing (or diving). THAT is the 'turn'. AT ANY time, the Captain, or First Mate in some cases (green systems) MAY STOP the game to activate a system (launch torpedo, et al) and then the current team's turn resumes. (Exceptions for when a ship is surfaced)

So, activating a system has nothing to do with taking a turn. Turns are movement and acknowledgement only. System activations are Interjections into yours or your opponent's turn.

I sure hope I understand it correct now!

Thanks for letting me work this out.

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

With the turn-by-turn mode, you first move, THEN activate ONE (and only one) system.

Fabien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
Hi all,

With the turn-by-turn mode, you first move, THEN activate ONE (and only one) system.

Fabien

Hi Fabien, a related question, in the real-time and turn-by-turn game, do you first have to move before you can activate a system after you dive (i.e., after surfacing).

Also just to clarify, when you say "you first move, THEN activate ONE (and only one) system" that this is considered a single turn and not separate turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhereAreTheBlackDice wrote:
FabienC wrote:
Hi all,

Fabien

Hi Fabien, a related question, in the real-time and turn-by-turn game, do you first have to move before you can activate a system after you dive (i.e., after surfacing).

Also just to clarify, when you say "you first move, THEN activate ONE (and only one) system" that this is considered a single turn and not separate turns.

I am not the designer, but I'm am convinced, based on my talks with them, that you would have to do a first move before activating a system.

A move + an activation is ONE turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
I'm not the designer, but I can see it make sense for the game to enforce move before activation. This way is easier to track for the opponent on the map, and keeps everything simple and elegant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rock lobster
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
firewindshadow wrote:
I'm not the designer, but I can see it make sense for the game to enforce move before activation. This way is easier to track for the opponent on the map, and keeps everything simple and elegant.

I take issue with artificial stopgaps in an otherwise brilliant real-time game.

Head West: OK; OK; -- STOP: Launching Drone
(do you guys want to activate anything? NO.)
STOP: Firing Torpoedo -- "Captain, we cant. Artificial Stopgap."
Head North: OK; OK; -- STOP: Engage House Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.