Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a no-ship math trade for the
PACIFICON GAME EXPO at the Santa Clara Marriott Sept 2-5.

If you're new to math trading here's a writeup why we do them.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades

Please check out https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/home for questions or email info@abecorn.com

All physical items are ok to list, along with cash/GC/GG.

To join visit www.abecorn.com and sign up. You can also browse listings without signing click here for the direct link to trade

Trade End/Results:
Sunday 8/28/16 9pm

The trade will be locked for new submissions on Wednesday 8/24/16.

Please contact your trade partners after the trade is over. Preferably include using the BGG trade manager to finalize your trades.
Please know which items you're giving and receiving ahead of time!

Exchange:
Saturday at 1 pm in the Starbucks @ The Santa Clara Marriott (2700 Mission College Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA)

[b]

We're using abecorn for the trade.
Trademax 1.4 - Seed iteration: 12345, 100 runs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cash/Gift Cards/Geek Gold ARE acceptable this time.

NOTE: A Math Trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through BGG and is subject to the associated commission fee (3%) required by the BGG Terms of Service. Click here for information on how to pay the fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You DON'T need a ticket to the event to participate in this trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Any reason this is on abecorn rather than the standard JeffyJeff's OLWLG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffascout3 wrote:

I understand your apprehension on trying something new/different, but using abecorn

-You can post cash (and auto want cash entries for your game's value)
-You can import all your BGG data and post all of your entries at once rather than one by one. (You can also post anything from the BGG database or create a custom entry as well).
-You can duplicate protect with a single button. You can duplicate protect items with different names.
-It's mobile friendly
-No waiting for sync
-More integrated with BGG trade manager. Results will auto post to BGG.
-You have the option to "click all" instead of one by one.
-Multiple methods to communicate to fellow BGG traders
-It's being updated constantly thanks to all the great feedback from BGG users (feedback roadmap)

Give it a chance, I'm sure you'll like it. You can check out our BGG guild at https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1936.

If you try, please feel free to post feedback (positive or negative) so we can improve it further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
ffascout3 wrote:

I understand your apprehension on trying something new/different, but using abecorn

-You can import all your for trade games from BGG rather than do it one by one
-You can duplicate protect with a single button. You can duplicate protect items with different names.
-It's mobile friendly
-No waiting for sync
-It's being updated constantly thanks to all the great feedback from BGG users (feedback roadmap)

Give it a chance, I'm sure you'll like it. You can check out our BGG guild at https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1936.

If you try, please feel free to post feedback (positive or negative) so we can improve it further.

I can only add games if they're in my collection? This is already feeling quite limiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captaintobs wrote:

I can only add games if they're in my collection? This is already feeling quite limiting...

I'm not sure why this would seem limiting. Don't you have to have a game in your collection to execute the actual trade on BGG regardless of which system you use?

I always have to add them to my collection before I can send a trade request through BGG to the people I'm trading with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captaintobs wrote:
Bien wrote:
ffascout3 wrote:

-You can import all your for trade games from BGG rather than do it one by one
-It's mobile friendly
-No waiting for sync

You can add them from your owned games/for trade/any game on BGG or any custom entry you want to enter as well. There is a different filter under the "Add games" tab that lets you select owned rather than "for trade".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:

You can add them from your owned games/for trade/any game on BGG or any custom entry you want to enter as well. There is a different filter under the "Add games" tab that lets you select owned rather than "for trade".

Oh so they don't have to be in your collection at all? Nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
Bien wrote:

Oh so they don't have to be in your collection at all? Nice

If they're already in your BGG collection it saves you to have to manually search for them or create a custom entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
What if we are only going to the convention on Sunday? Will there be a drop off/pick up point similar to Strategicon's math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffascout3 wrote:
What if we are only going to the convention on Sunday? Will there be a drop off/pick up point similar to Strategicon's math trade?

Since the trade isn't associated directly with the Con, it might be difficult to coordinate that.

I'll be at the hotel until Sunday around lunch, but with the nature of math trading, I'll have to leave it up to the individuals involved to coordinate, using me as an intermediary if that works logistically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
oddbod wrote:
ffascout3 wrote:

Since the trade isn't associated directly with the Con, it might be difficult to coordinate that.

I'll be at the hotel until Sunday around lunch, but with the nature of math trading, I'll have to leave it up to the individuals involved to coordinate, using me as an intermediary if that works logistically.

I will contact the people I am hoping to trade with personally to see if they can do Sunday then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I subscribe to see when things are added to the list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captaintobs wrote:

We've got things in place to provide that, but we're trying to present it cleanly for users to interface with for their preferences.

Would you prefer, email/geekmail/text or a combination of those? What sort of time intervals would you prefer? Every entry, every hour, or a daily digest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
Would you prefer, email/geekmail/text or a combination of those? What sort of time intervals would you prefer? Every entry, every hour, or a daily digest?

Yes, and yes. Options are nice.

I have geekmail forward to email so those are interchangeable. Text would be useless for me.

Every item seems like too much, but might work for some people for smaller trades. I would probably choose daily, but in a big trade with lots of activity, maybe hourly.

But notifications aren't really critical for me. The main thing I would like, which I don't think was a feature last time I checked, was for the system to know which items I had already seen, which ones i hadn't (like the OLWLG does). Always starting with the newest and having to recognize/remember when to stop looking because I'm into games I already saw is mildly annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
captaintobs wrote:

We've got things in place to provide that, but we're trying to present it cleanly for users to interface with for their preferences.

Everything but text with variable intervals would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Always starting with the newest and having to recognize/remember when to stop looking because I'm into games I already saw is mildly annoying.

/agree, though not sure how it would be easily implemented with the way the current system is. If nothing else, sorting by date added might be a stop-gap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
peakhope wrote:
Always starting with the newest and having to recognize/remember when to stop looking because I'm into games I already saw is mildly annoying.

/agree, though not sure how it would be easily implemented with the way the current system is. If nothing else, sorting by date added might be a stop-gap.

There's a red label that says "NEW" on entries that have been listed since the last time you've visited the site. The listings retain the "NEW" label for an hour after that.

We had a calendar filter button for sorting by date, but it was just complicated enough that no one used/liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
There's a red label that says "NEW" on entries that have been listed since the last time you've visited the site. The listings retain the "NEW" label for an hour after that.

Yeah, that's the problem. I want it to say NEW when it is new, and then not say new when it is not. Right now, it might say something is new even though I viewed it half an hour ago.

Plus when scanning the list, the label isn't intrusive enough, so if I'm focused on the items themselves, I don't always notice when the items stop being new. Or I have to slow down to pay attention to both the NEW label and the items themselves. That's why I would prefer that it default to only showing new items (as OLWLG did), with a button to temporarily show all the items.

A different approach would be to email me a "new items" notification, which would include a link that would list items #X through #Y, where that was the range of items that were new at that time. That way, the site would only have to track "newness" relative to the email notifications, and not relative to whether or not I had viewed them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will admit that lately most math trades end up with so many items that I simply filter on things in my wishlist anyway. This is a much shorter list that is easy to track new/old items regardless.

I just don't have time to look through a thousand entries So having that "wants" filter makes all the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused. This trade refers to Pacificon on Sept 2-5 in Santa Clara.

http://pacificongameexpo.com/ agrees with the date and location

But

http://www.pacificon.org/ says Pacificon 2016 is Oct 14-16 in San Ramon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
I'm a bit confused. This trade refers to Pacificon on Sept 2-5 in Santa Clara.

http://pacificongameexpo.com/ agrees with the date and location

But

http://www.pacificon.org/ says Pacificon 2016 is Oct 14-16 in San Ramon.

pacificon.org looks like an amateur radio convention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
captaintobs wrote:
pacificon.org looks like an amateur radio convention

Indeed. It seems I should read more closely.

In my (weak) defense, it's pretty annoying that 2 unrelated conventions with the same name take place within 50 (?) miles and 2 weeks of each other.

Nothing to see here. Carry on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With just over 24 hours, we're not currently showing any trades BUT there are plenty of games that are wanted. So be prepared for side trades after the results are in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.