Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do you remember the bit in Wrath of Khan where Khan on the Reliant just sat outside the nebula and just shot the Enterprise in it? No, neither do I.

It seems every other episode somebody explodes chasing something into/out of a sun/asteroid field/nebula/intergalactic whirlwind.

I suspect the rules are as they are for simplicity but for an better representation here's an additional rule:

When attacking ships in a hazardous system the defender may force the attacker to brave the hazard prior to combat. Ships do not have to repeat hazard rolls during the tactical movement.

With the Cardassian expansion this rule creates problems with Galeforce creating such small fleets meaning the Cardies lose a vital component. This is solved by...

When attacking ships in a hazardous system, at the end of the first round of combat any remaining attacking ships must brave the system hazard. Ships do not have to repeat hazard rolls during the tactical movement.

Any ships destroyed by the hazard are not counted as having been destroyed by the defending ships, however the Initial enemy fleet size still remains.

(If the initial fleet size was over 3, Klingon Ever Victorious still counts, however a Klingon Marauder fleet is unable to salvage ships destroyed by the hazard.)

If you are playing with this rule I suggest you also do not allow starbases to be built in systems with a hazard lower than a 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems like a reasonable house rule. It would definitely make defending such systems easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Should make the game a bit more tactical.

There maybe a bit less sniping ships in Nebula, but I can't really see a problem with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
Do you remember the bit in Wrath of Khan where Khan on the Reliant just sat outside the nebula and just shot the Enterprise in it? No, neither do I.

Ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Hazzard rules allow you to jump a nebula in your Dodge Charger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Updated to prevent gameplay problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.