Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bheat bheat
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far the app has been great and has really enhanced the experience of this game. Also I think FFG has a real opportunity to show that apps can add a lot of value, in particular if they occasionally add a free mission the value / life of this game goes through the roof.

However if they don't support it and we just get a few missions with the announced monster packs, we can just make our own app. The polish and content wouldn't be quite as good, but it wouldn't be all that hard to make our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
bheat wrote:
... but it wouldn't be all that hard to make our own.

I assume you are not a developer. It would be pretty hard, but the bigger issue is the threat of cease and desist. Is it worth putting a lot of time and effort into something when FFG could take it away at a moments notice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding new missions, I suspect that once things get going new Stories/Quests/Missions (depending on your game) will be forthcoming.

Some of these will be based on new expansions and some that will be equivalent to the original Mansions of Madness PoDs.

FFG was good about supporting new Stories/Quests/Missions in the past and I don't see any reason to think that's going to stop now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been decompiling the source files, seeing how hard it would be to generate our own missions. I would love to see a custom mission generator for this game. FFG doesn't have to make new missions, just let us do it, and we would flood the market

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hopefully FFG will quickly re-release all of the 1e scenarios (at least the ones that are not broken, but they could fix those too in the process) for 2e. I would love to see an updated version of "The King in Yellow" PoD scenario using the App.

As for people making their own apps...I am sure this will be a possibility especially once the game goes OOP in a few years. Look how how much longevity was given to 1e via user made scenarios. Of course making an app is a much more complex endeavor, but once you have the basic UI and platform in place, adding new scenarios would not be that much more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheese Burgler
msg tools
Wonder if there any fear that we'd completely outdo them? since they are producing more or less the minimum to bring cash in the door, and more than a few of us would build magnum opus type campaigns we'd been saving a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesburglar wrote:
Wonder if there any fear that we'd completely outdo them? since they are producing more or less the minimum to bring cash in the door, and more than a few of us would build magnum opus type campaigns we'd been saving a while.

I doubt it. If user generated content keeps the game alive, that means more sales of the core-sets since it would allow others to be interested. I think it's more the difficulties in A) creating a user-friendly scenario editor and B) distributing the final result and C) questionable content (i.e. getting blame for bad scenarios, or inappropriate story lines, etc).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
bheat wrote:
However if they don't support it and we just get a few missions with the announced monster packs, we can just make our own app. The polish and content wouldn't be quite as good, but it wouldn't be all that hard to make our own.

Well, considering that one of the four scenarios isn't even functional right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
bheat wrote:

Well, considering that one of the four scenarios isn't even functional right now...

Which one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jérémy royaux
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the second scenario is bugged and unplayable because it crashes when a certain mob arrives on a certain place at the end of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.