Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb

In the example above, I was thinking about having the squad move into the tree hex and then use the SATW on the half track.

(Note: All German pieces should have "Used" markers on them. I skipped it because it is turn 1 and they start off board, so it was easy to track who was used).

Here is the procedure I used for the assault fire:

1) American squad makes a MC check against 10 (automatic success).
2) American squad moves into the tree hex.
3) German squad in half track elects to Final OP fire. Unit is 6/5, so it uses the 5 value. It adds 1 for a command point (optional), raising it to 6 and then adds 3 for adjacent unit and subtracts 1 (defender in tree hex) and subtracts 2 more for final OP fire.
4) Defender rolled a 10, which is automatic miss.
5) American squad makes SATW check, which is 10 - 3 (SATW value) - 1 range for a modified value of 6. The die roll is 4, which passes.
6) Firepower values is 9 (1943 scenario - 1 (half track armor) = elimination for both half track and squad in it.

Sound right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot step 0. Play fire card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

In the example above, I was thinking about having the squad move into the tree hex and then use the SATW on the half track.

(Note: All German pieces should have "Used" markers on them. I skipped it because it is turn 1 and they start off board, so it was easy to track who was used).

Here is the procedure I used for the assault fire:

1) American squad makes a MC check against 10 (automatic success).
2) American squad moves into the tree hex.
3) German squad in half track elects to Final OP fire. Unit is 6/5, so it uses the 5 value. It adds 1 for a command point (optional), raising it to 6 and then adds 3 for adjacent unit and subtracts 1 (defender in tree hex) and subtracts 2 more for final OP fire.
4) Defender rolled a 10, which is automatic miss.
5) American squad makes SATW check, which is 10 - 3 (SATW value) - 1 range for a modified value of 6. The die roll is 4, which passes.
6) Firepower values is 9 (1943 scenario - 1 (half track armor) = elimination for both half track and squad in it.

Sound right?

Hi Judd - your steps looks right with one possible exception. I believe that on step 6, even if the penetration works out to something higher than ten, you still have to roll. A 10 is always no effect. I believe you're trying to say that your roll was a nine, which is an elimination result, destroying the HT and the infantry being carried.

If that's what you meant (everywhere else you've indicated which was the target number and which was the roll) then it looks like you've got it.

Also, on a personal side note, thank you for providing me with what appears to be the first image of my counter designs for BoB: TA being played with in a game by an end customer! It's very gratifying to see that early bazooka squad in action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I forgot to list my die roll. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
Actually, I forgot to list my die roll.

Noticed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Clark
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Judd,

Just a tip: you didn't need to spend that Command Point in step 3. The German squad in the half track gets to raise its proficient firepower by '1' anyway as the target is adjacent when it comes under Opportunity Fire.

Good to see Chris's fine counter art in action. But Judd, we need to get you a counter clipper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the German squad have to pass a morale check to perform final OP fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but it is not suppressed so it auto passes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have additional -1 prof modifier due to assault fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the -1 modifier was the old system. I looked high and low for that modifier on the player card and never found it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
Sevej wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the -1 modifier was the old system. I looked high and low for that modifier on the player card and never found it.

He may be referring to the -1 MC penalty (not prof penalty) for firing a SATW at a Vehicle using Assault Fire (fourth bullet in the lower right section on pg 2 of the quick reference chart).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.