Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
So I´ve tried to preorder the game and when I came to checkout I allmost fell of my seat:

Please tell me that I can get the game for a little less shipping costs to germany !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. S.
Spain
flag msg tools
Nope, it's like that for Europe. I'm from Spain and the prices were similar. Someone from the company said that they should be pricier, since the game weights a lot it seems, but not THAT pricey. But seems to still be insanely expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Now you know how brazilians usually feel )

Hopefully this is just a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
I reckon I should just train a flock of courier pigeons. They'd save me a fortune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a big heavy box, and those are the actual calculated shipping rates for the box to get to most foreign countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I understand, but it's sooooo disappointing the delivery costs to Europe. I just feel really deflated after so much excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess ust wait for retail and hope they change their mind on the exclusives (or live happily without them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
I guess ust wait for retail and hope they change their mind on the exclusives (or live happily without them)

Ha! If the company is trying to encourage pre orders by providing exclusives they're not going to cheapen that by making them available afterwards.

Frankly it smacks of laziness and a disdain for the overseas market. I appreciate that it's a "big, heavy box" but there are better postage options available for a little bit of effort. Clearly a decision has been made that the extra effort is not worth the additional sales nor the customer satisfaction. If I buy three copies then the shipping comes down to $336 instead of $148 for one but this is not a $200 game (total $576 for three). Smaller companies can do better shipping than that.

There is, as far as I'm concerned, absolutely no excuse to have such blatant disregard for your customers. This game has gone from my will buy list to my not interested and will actively talk other people out of it list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
brumbynut wrote:
[q="Muemmelmann"]
There is, as far as I'm concerned, absolutely no excuse to have such blatant disregard for your customers. This game has gone from my will buy list to my not interested and will actively talk other people out of it list.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but this is not 'blatant disregard' for our customers.

This is the actual calculated shipping cost from the three major shipping carriers in the US. We are not in the fulfillment business full time, but have in the past attempted to find cheaper shipping methods (either direct from China, drop shipped via local amazon, etc) and it has cost a small fortune to ship no matter what we attempted. I've tried every trick that Kickstarter companies have attempted, and none of them have wound up working out the way we expected, either in cost or quality of shipping.

We charged 20 dollars shipping for Cat Tower to Australia and it cost almost 60 dollars a copy to ship at the end of the day. Shipping large heavy boxes overseas is an expensive business. Believe me, we've had to pay for shipping for prototypes to factories, and we pay those expenses which are in line with these charges.

Once you get North of 5 pounds the cost jumps astronomically, which is why the charges are this high.

We will find a solution for foreign customers to get the exclusive bonuses, because I don't expect anyone to pay 120+ in shipping to get a copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
It's a big heavy box, and those are the actual calculated shipping rates for the box to get to most foreign countries.

For the price which was calculated to me I could just fly to the USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Xaver
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's way too much... too bad. Still very excited for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
brumbynut wrote:

I'm sorry you feel this way, but this is not 'blatant disregard' for our customers.

This is the actual calculated shipping cost from the three major shipping carriers in the US. We are not in the fulfillment business full time, but have in the past attempted to find cheaper shipping methods (either direct from China, drop shipped via local amazon, etc) and it has cost a small fortune to ship no matter what we attempted. I've tried every trick that Kickstarter companies have attempted, and none of them have wound up working out the way we expected, either in cost or quality of shipping.

We charged 20 dollars shipping for Cat Tower to Australia and it cost almost 60 dollars a copy to ship at the end of the day. Shipping large heavy boxes overseas is an expensive business. Believe me, we've had to pay for shipping for prototypes to factories, and we pay those expenses which are in line with these charges.

Once you get North of 5 pounds the cost jumps astronomically, which is why the charges are this high.

We will find a solution for foreign customers to get the exclusive bonuses, because I don't expect anyone to pay 120+ in shipping to get a copy of the game.

I believe that it's the best deal you've got, however I also believe there's better deals with a little bit more effort. Have you approached the shipping agencies to talk about bulk deals? What about sea mail? I've got a package coming from Europe which is bigger and heavier than yours and cost $20 to ship. I find it hard to believe that every other organisation which ships from the US makes a loss and every single one I've received has been (significantly) cheaper than this.

I called it blatant disregard because that's how I feel. You could do better but you're not, for whatever reason you've prioritised other things above getting me and everyone else who isn't in the US a copy of the game at a decent price. That's your call as a publisher but I'm now disillusioned and not buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:

And that is the answer I was looking for!

Thank you Pandasaurus Games for the confirmation on my former reply in another thread:

Magallian wrote:
Quote:
They are going to be items you *really* want in the box and you won’t be able to get them outside of this pre-order campaign.

Quote:
We know for sure there will be exclusive faction missions for the game that will change gameplay up in ways that the base game doesn’t. There will be event cards. These will be cards with an s on the end of them. So while we don’t have a final count, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 events and 6 faction missions (2 per faction) is the goal. This would represent a 25% increase in events and a 12% increase in faction missions, so nothing to sneeze at.

Summarized, this is something you do not want to miss out as a fan! Personally I don't care if I have to pay extra to get this pre-order bonus if it will be sold as an pre-order expansion to circumvent the issues of shipping and VAT of the whole sha-bang together.

Looking forward to more details when the stars are aligned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:

You won´t be selling much outside the US, other publishers usually find a solution for a problem like this or at least try to. You only say it is like it is and that is not very helpful for potential customers.

I can´t believe that somebody will pay almost double the price of the game just for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know that it's difficult to compare different products, but at this point I'd like to share my experience with the Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 2 Kickstarter and its shipping costs ...

A bit of background info first: I'm living in Germany, and I pledged at the Mysteries of the Worm level, which contains the Cthulhu Wars core game (6.3 kg) and all 22 expansions (estimated to weigh another 25 kg in total). If you're not familiar with CW, it's not only heavy but also quite bulky. The expansions are still to be produced, but the Petersens had enough core games left to offer them in the Onslaught 2 campaign, all of them located in a warehouse in the USA. From a shipping point of view, this is obviously a really complex product.

All CW expansions will be shipped directly from China, while a container with 300 core games has been sent to Europe earlier this year, which were then distributed to EU backers. Before the Petersens decided to subsidise shipping, my shipping total was in the area of $280 - but keep in mind that this figure included $133 of German VAT! That leaves roughly $150 for shipping nearly 70 pounds of plastic and cardboard from two different locations of the world to Germany. (And again: The Petersens made a point of charging actual shipping cost before they changed their minds and decided to subsidise shipping.)

In comparison to this (and assuming that WEDS, while heavy, will most likely not even remotely reach the dimensions of a full Cthulhu Wars pledge), the shipping fees for WEDS to Germany seem extraordinarily high. And they possibly don't even include VAT yet ...
I really hope that Pandasaurus Games will be able to find a more economic way to distribute Wasteland Express Delivery Service in areas outside the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
DrGosburoCoffin wrote:
I know that it's difficult to compare different products, but at this point I'd like to share my experience with the Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 2 Kickstarter and its shipping costs ...

A bit of background info first: I'm living in Germany, and I pledged at the Mysteries of the Worm level, which contains the Cthulhu Wars core game (6.3 kg) and all 22 expansions (estimated to weigh another 25 kg in total). If you're not familiar with CW, it's not only heavy but also quite bulky. The expansions are still to be produced, but the Petersens had enough core games left to offer them in the Onslaught 2 campaign, all of them located in a warehouse in the USA. From a shipping point of view, this is obviously a really complex product.

All CW expansions will be shipped directly from China, while a container with 300 core games has been sent to Europe earlier this year, which were then distributed to EU backers. Before the Petersens decided to subsidise shipping, my shipping total was in the area of $280 - but keep in mind that this figure included $133 of German VAT! That leaves roughly $150 for shipping nearly 70 pounds of plastic and cardboard from two different locations of the world to Germany. (And again: The Petersens made a point of charging actual shipping cost before they changed their minds and decided to subsidise shipping.)

In comparison to this (and assuming that WEDS, while heavy, will most likely not even remotely reach the dimensions of a full Cthulhu Wars pledge), the shipping fees for WEDS to Germany seem extraordinarily high. And they possibly don't even include VAT yet ...
I really hope that Pandasaurus Games will be able to find a more economic way to distribute Wasteland Express Delivery Service in areas outside the US.

I am not familiar with their shipping solution, but it's very possible that they directly ship enough goods with a carrier that they are afforded discounted rates with the shipping companies that we don't have. We don't do a ton of direct sales as a business model, and don't qualify for those discounts.

I can only tell you what my direct experience has been and what our direct cost has been, and that these are the actual calculated costs based on our account with these carriers. And honestly, even when we've gone through the various tricks Kickstarter companies have come up with that the cost savings never really materialized the way we thought it would.

We will have a solution for foreign backers for the pre-order goods, but our expectations is absolutely not that people are going to pay 120+ dollars for a copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Urbanek
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
The Dice & Mystics Board Game Guild say: Have fun!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is good news. I will wait with my pre-order till you present your solution. Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stooge wrote:
We will have a solution for foreign backers for the pre-order goods, but our expectations is absolutely not that people are going to pay 120+ dollars for a copy of the game.

That's fair enough. Thanks a lot for taking the situation of foreign customers into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Xaver
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bergmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
f-p-p-m wrote:
I can´t believe that somebody will pay almost double the price of the game just for shipping.

You're right ... shipping $123,69!!! ... no way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any updates on how we can get the promos for the non US people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.