4 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Unofficial App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce
msg tools
badge
I am cross posting this from the D2E forum because it also applies to MoM2E. Please read if you are interested in an unofficial RtL style app:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23445710
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as MoM2E goes, presumably the app would have to function in the same manner as the official app, which would probably require a substantial programming effort on the part of a volunteer group.

Such a project may well also attract a C&D order as a matter of course, whether it would be legally binding probably depends on the extent to which you use FFG material, at the very least you would probably have to avoid using FFG images, and possibly names rendering the usefulness of the app questionable. In any event even if not binding I suspect that FFG could have much deeper pockets for legal fees than most individuals should they decide to persist. So I doubt that you could achieve much without the explicit blessing of FFG (just my opinion of course).

It might also be worth noting that there is a petition both here and on the FFG community site to gain support for an official MoM2E scenario creation module/interface from FFG. If this succeeds then it will provide a mechanism for people to create game content, without necessarily needing a separate app.

Sorry if this is a little discouraging but it is probably better than going down the road and finding that you are stopped after putting in a large amount of effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
keitharchaeologist wrote:

Please see the D2E forum for my response (just to keep things in one place).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Groulx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Where is that petition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.