Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While playing I had a situation where I was told that the monster would move and attack the investigator within range with the lowest strength. As it happened both investigators has an equal strength rating. I couldn't find anything in the rules about this situation, and a number of possibilities occurred to me.

1)Move to and attack the nearest investigator (as it happens they were equidistant).
2)Attack the investigator with the greatest damage.
3)Simply determine randomly which one to attack using a dice roll.

In the end I took option 3, but does anyone know if there is an official resolution that I have overlooked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In all conflicts (such as this tie) the investigators choose what happens. So you would choose which investigator gets attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Reference page 2:

Conflicts
During the game, some game effects may lead to conflicts within the game or between the investigators.

- It is possible for a game effect to have more than one possible outcome. In such a case, investigators as a group determine the outcome of that effect.

- It is possible for multiple game effects to occur at the same time. In such a case, investigators as a group determine the order in which those effects are resolved.

- It is possible that investigators have differing intentions and goals. If this prevents investigators from reaching a decision as a group, the decision is determined by an investigator chosen at random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.