Subject: Text Based Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ani P.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qP498BSI3lFFcAunjN5dQR5m...

This is very much a living document. We invite backers to join in commenting and proof-reading these rules so that they are perfectly refined and accessible before print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are really looking good. Looking forward to getting Mechy Mechy Pew Pew on the table. Final 48 hours coming up, lets hope they go well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
It was good to see these posted in the KS, and it's great to see them linked here too.

The game is looking really good, and I'm excited to see it succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now backed out, because of one final point that just made no sense to me.

We had to ask and ask and wait and wait for written rules, because they weren't available.

Yet Chris said the other day they have been lots of blind playtesting.

How can you blind playtesting if you can't hand someone the rulebook and say "off you go"?

I simply don't believe the game has been blind playtested - which means my concerns about the pause function remain valid for players who are brand new to the rules.

So I'm out now, hopefully it will all work out okay for the people investing their money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ani P.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
Sometimes we used a single page crib sheet of the rules for new players; the rules are that simple at least to get started. But more often we had a player, often one that had only previously played 2-3 rounds explain it verbally. The game teaches verbally very quickly so that was how most new players were taught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Crow Games wrote:
.....more often we had a player, often one that had only previously played 2-3 rounds explain it verbally....

Well, that's not blind playtesting then, is it?

Incidentally, next time you see Chris, would you care to prod him to post on the Serpents Tongue forums here? There are a number of questions he may like to answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or rather, there are a number of questions *you* may like him to answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
Or rather, there are a number of questions *you* may like him to answer.

True - I'm sure that Chris has NO wish to answer questions like "you took my money for fire sale product, but I have received nothing and my emails are not being answered".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.