3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for a SciFi miniatures ruleset rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
I would love to find a fairly simple ruleset for scifi miniatures. What I have in mind is the typical armored humans on a spaceship vs a bunch of terrible aliens. I am thinking something in the genre of Spacehulk or Forlorn: Hope Is there a generic rulebook avaliable for this that is flexible and could use generic minis?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Re: Looking for a miniatures ruleset
You can use generic minis with Space Hulk rules. I've played it with Heroscape figs for example.

Outside of that, look at Flying Lead or Mutants and Death Ray Guns from Ganesha, or Chain Reaction and the related games from Two Hour Wargames.
Chain Reaction is free, the various genre specific books are not. Try out CR to see if you like the rules, then pick one of the specific books that suits your topic.

FiveCore Skirmish rules from Ivan Sorensen would probably also fit the bill. Just picked those up (bought the FiveCore and No End in Sight bundles over on Wargame Vault) and haven't actually played them yet but have been reading through them.

The Spec Ops module for Gruntz 15mm is also aimed at a fairly small number of figs.

And of course, take a look here: http://freewargamesrules.wikia.com/wiki/Freewargamesrules_Wi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks Bob, very informative answer!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.