Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my pledge and cracked open the Beta Team just to look at them. I saw there's a map book in there for the stories from the main game. Are those maps specific for the beta team to use? Or I guess the other teams, I assume have similar books, are those specific for the teams?

Also do the hero players mix teams? I noticed each box only has 5 but could the hero players (I will be playing the sins, mostly) pick their team from every hero I own, or are teams usually played together because of maybe synergies?

I.e. All Beta with a couple others needed for 7. Or a leader from beta, maybe a couple from sons, 1 hero from omega, etc.

My fear is the hero players will just "cherry pick" the best and make it ridiculously difficult for me.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The maps aren't for the teams, they are just to use the new tiles that came in that box. And you can make a team up of whatever sets you want as long as you follow the requirements of set number of Leader/Shooter/etc. Though you could put extra (thematic?) restrictions on them if needed. The whole 'Team' thing is largely just a label to put on the boxes for marketing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
My fear is the hero players will just "cherry pick" the best and make it ridiculously difficult for me.

No combination of heroes should make the game ridiculously difficult for the Sins player. Let the hero players cherry pick, they need all the help they can get, and from my experience so far, no single hero is overpowered, although there are definitely already a few who are rising to the top of the "must take" list for building out the hero team. A lot of it will depend on play styles of your group, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.