Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I understand that you are required to play any Flaw cards in your hand at the start of your Action phase (or as soon as you draw them if you draw them in the middle of your Action phase).

But what happens after they are played? Do they go back into your discard pile (in which case they will keep reappearing as you cycle through the deck) or do they return to the Flaw stack (which makes them a one-time only hinderance)?

I had been playing them similar to Wounds in Legendary: Marvel, in that they remain in your deck until removed by another card's effects (Book's Talent, etc), which definitely made gaining Flaws more punishing. However, upon further review of the rulebook, it appears that once they are played, they go back to the Flaw stack after "hitting" only once. That would make things much easier.

So I guess I'm really answering my own question, but I'm still going to post this in case others may have made the same mistake.

(Alternatively, playing Wound-style creates a more challenging Variant)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jacques
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9 of the rule book states "After you play a Flaw, put it back into the Flaw stack."

Edit: Sorry, you said the same thing and I hadn't read the entire post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
cjacques wrote:
Page 9 of the rule book states "After you play a Flaw, put it back into the Flaw stack."

evidently my character flaw is a lack of reading comprehension. haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
gilford wrote:
Ha ha ha.

Though I like the "wound" idea of reappearing, if you like punishment.

I believe in one of the later episodes, there is an event (or an enemy) where when that card is in play, that is how Flaws are treated (they return to the player's discard deck).

In fact, it was seeing that card (though I can't remember the name at the moment) that made me question the way I had been playing the Flaws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I just made Episode 2 WAY harder than it should have been... Now I know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
seems like it is a common mistake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.