Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking, doing a prototype of this might be easier and more transportable than I thought.

Cards: There is 4 colors, simply use 1 or 2 regular deck of cards.

Action cards: This is unique, you just need to print and cut 4 double sided cards. Or maybe use the jokers in some way.

Board: Can be a piece of paper where you use a red and blue pen to mark the progress of players.

- Building towers: You place a dot/circle of your color. You surround your opponent's circle when building higher. The nb of circle is the height.

- Connecting towers: Simply draw a line of your color between towers through the connected hex.

The only issue is the card's color. I am thinking to maybe print the suite logo in each hex on the map in pale gray since it will not be printed in color. (Hope it will be easy to read). As for the size, I think printing on 11"x17" will be necessary. Making connections on a smaller map is OK but drawing many circles might be too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I take it this means you liked the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is awesome. I never had much excitement playing an abstract game. The game is also very simple for the experience given. The game is so simple that I think my mother could play this.

I only played twice so far, not sure if I could play it 3 times in a row like I can with settlers of catan. I know few games that I can enjoy playing multiple times in a row. They have to be very good games.

Not sure if it's as much fun as a 2 player game, but as a partnership game, it's awesome. There is tension with the timing of "which team will have the cards to close the path first" and "What cards does my partner needs, or what can he do". Drawing cards just put pressure on other players.

My FLGS said they could import it for 60$ CAD + tax. I found it a bit expensive for a simple game like that. Of course there are 3d models that justifies the price. I thought of making a PnP version, but that would require as much work and it would just be easier to buy the game. Then I though of pen and paper, you need to print the board each game, but there is no cutting to do.

Maybe I could design the board, post in on BGG and it could bring new players to play as the game is not available in North america.

I am never sure in these days if I should buy a game or not because most of the time, I don't get a chance to play them. Still, this game is so simple that it could be played by non-gamers, which could increase my probability to play.

Anyways, that is my thoughts so far. I might try to build a print and play map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.