Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Colony Delta: Earth vs. Sigma Draconis – A Colony World in the Balance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules changes. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Lockwood
Australia
Blacktown
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has good possibilities as Calandale has revealed in his video presentations.
However, I would make a couple of suggestions for play purposes.
1. Mandate that at least 50% of colonists/workers farm. Otherwise it makes sense for a player to use colonists to do nothing but mine as these vps are worth double back at the home planets. Farming should be as important as mining for self sufficiency.
2. The game sequence lends itself to semi-simultaneous play. Players do everything together except movement and combat which should be done by rolling for initiative. This will speed up play.

edit I think I may have the wrong end of the stick with no.1 above.
It may be better to track mining with poker chips or similar and farming on the Vp track. Therefore, it would be logical for reinforcements to be built using the mining to convert vp into income and the farming to just produce vps only. So at the game end only farming Vps count. This makes for a more interesting game, I think, as you have to balance mining (which only produces income to purchase units) against farming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.