Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am ready to click the PAY button on Indiegogo just to get this card,

BUT

then I see Rodney basically say that 'if a card runs out you are screwed'.

I don't want to pay if I can't get the card I want. I'm breaking my rule by joining Indiegogo in the first place.

Anyway, there are 1400+ backers right now. Assume every one of them will choose a Scythe promo. Will there be enough? How many are being printed and sent to Rodney's campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to support Rodney's fantastic work that benefits tens of thousands of people, please back his IGG campaign (and as a bonus, you'll get a Scythe encounter card).

If you just want to get a Scythe encounter card, wait about a year and buy it from the BGG store. We're making plenty of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Laporbo wrote:
I am ready to click the PAY button on Indiegogo just to get this card,

BUT

then I see Rodney basically say that 'if a card runs out you are screwed'.

I don't want to pay if I can't get the card I want. I'm breaking my rule by joining Indiegogo in the first place.

Anyway, there are 1400+ backers right now. Assume every one of them will choose a Scythe promo. Will there be enough? How many are being printed and sent to Rodney's campaign?

I'm travelling currently, but from a quick check, the wording on the campaign doesn't say that. In the section of the campaign that talks about acquiring older promos from previous fundraisers, it mentions:

"Any promo with a title header in RED on this page may be in limited quantities, so should I run out during fulfillment, you will be requested to select different options."

This is because I only have what is leftover from that season, more are not being printed. As far as I'm aware, the new promos for this year have not yet been printed, but the quantities Jamey and I discussed should provide more than enough promos for this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
Disclaimer: Not an actual cat
badge
50 Shades of Fur
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
If you want to support Rodney's fantastic work that benefits tens of thousands of people, please back his IGG campaign (and as a bonus, you'll get a Scythe encounter card).

If you just want to get a Scythe encounter card, wait about a year and buy it from the BGG store. We're making plenty of them.

Why would I want to wait a year, when I can buy the promo from Indiegogo, and as a bonus support Rodney's fantastic work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinsilver wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Why would I want to wait a year, when I can buy the promo from Indiegogo, and as a bonus support Rodney's fantastic work?

Just saw your donation - thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinsilver wrote:

That's the spirit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.