Hide
7 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warp from Advancement Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dunnlang Cathail
msg tools
It is mentioned in the rules, and shown on the cards, that some completed Advancement Cards confer an additional Warp speed. When is that Warp speed applied? Is it the moment Warp is initiated? On the Refresh phase? Is it applied only once or every turn?

I can not find it clearly stated anywhere in the rules.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dunnlang wrote:
It is mentioned in the rules, and shown on the cards, that some completed Advancement Cards confer an additional Warp speed. When is that Warp speed applied? Is it the moment Warp is initiated? On the Refresh phase? Is it applied only once or every turn?

I can not find it clearly stated anywhere in the rules.

Thank you.

You calculate your total travel distance when you issue the command to exit warp. At that point, you count the number of warp tokens next to your ship/fleet, plus the number of warp icons on your unexhausted advancements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
See pg 11, top right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dunnlang Cathail
msg tools
Thank you both. I read through at least 4 sections that spoke about Advancement Cards and Warp Tokens, but never read specifically the Exit Warp action looking for that information. I kept thinking it would be in one of the sections about adding Warp Tokens. I finally see the rule now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for asking this. I was having the exact same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sometimes advancements can become exhausted. I assume you cannot count the warp icons on an exhausted advancement when exiting warp, correct?

Disclaimer: This has not happened in my experience. I'm not entirely sure it's possible to exhaust a warp advancement. I'm asking just in case it is possible and comes up in the future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Sometimes advancements can become exhausted. I assume you cannot count the warp icons on an exhausted advancement when exiting warp, correct?

Disclaimer: This has not happened in my experience. I'm not entirely sure it's possible to exhaust a warp advancement. I'm asking just in case it is possible and comes up in the future...

Correct. I'm pretty sure GF9 commented on it. The way I explain it is that an exhausted card is flipped down. If you can't see the symbol, you can't gain the benefit from it. So you only add up the warp symbols you can see at the time. For one-time benefits like bonus Command or Culture tokens (Romulans only), it doesn't matter if it's exhausted since you never refer back to the symbol after receiving the benefit (ie, you don't have to exhaust or give back that Command/Culture while the related card is exhausted).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.