Codenames: Deep Undercover» Forums » General

Subject: Spy Location on cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kohn Jevinston
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Did anyone else notice there isn't a single card in this version that places the Spy in the middle of the grid? This is very disappointing to me.

As I recall, the original had a fair amount if not an over-abundance of cards with the Spy in the middle.

Seems like the best solution is to mix those sets of cards together, but I wouldn't recommend mixing the word cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kohn wrote:
Did anyone else notice there isn't a single card in this version that places the Spy in the middle of the grid? This is very disappointing to me.

Does this matter any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kohn Jevinston
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
It matters in the sense that someone can pick the middle clue with zero chance of losing the game, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you know that, then you know the center is never the spy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
This is why I use a homemade grid shaker with marbles (check variations threads). No patterns to memorize there. But I would say otherwise, mix the grid cards from both versions, and use the mix for either game. Or just print a few of your own, or color some on grid paper (cover the back though so it doesn't show through). Or just use one of the many codenames apps people have posted and only use the colors on the grid and ignore the words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Murmak
Czech Republic
Kladno
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Codenames ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Or use the official Codenames Gadget that generates grids:

http://www.codenamesgame.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.