Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dynasty Warriors Custom Heroes - 9 Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Not too long ago I decided to combine my 2 favorite universes. Marvel with the Dynasty Warriors franchise, and if you love it too, we should get together and be best friends.

But I'd just like to tell everyone before-hand that I'm not as tech-savvy as a lot of the people who make these custom cards are. No, all the cards you're about to see were done in MS Paint and nowhere else, so please understand if you feel it doesn't look as good as most. Also sorry about the pretty mini images making it hard to read (but you can still follow it to the image reel so it's fine I suppose).

List of the characters in the order that they appear:
- Liu Bei
- Cao Cao
- Sun Jian
- Sun Shang Xiang (Personal Favorite, franchise-wise)
- Dian Wei
- Lu Bu
- Diao Chan
- Sun Ce
- Zhang Fei

I'll be updating this with 3 new characters every so often, but let me know if you think they should be buffed/nerfed or if you have a specific character I should upload next. Brutal honesty is very much accepted here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Have a good day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dynasty Warriors Custom Heroes
But somehow they need to be able to defeat 112 men with a single attack...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
You need a Lu Bu card called "it's Lul-lu Bu"

Great series. You could easily have each faction as a team logo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Drashia wrote:
You need a Lu Bu card called "it's Lul-lu Bu"

Great series. You could easily have each faction as a team logo

Actually, I have a list for all the character's card names, and that was actually going to be his rare XD Trust me, I remember that phrase from DW3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look nice (I haven't looked at all of them yet). Perhaps a bit overpowered, but I'd have to look at the rest of the cards to see if they're still balanced or not.

If you are unaware, there is downloadable software here on BGG for making custom cards, called LegEdit. It makes card creation an absolute breeze - if you already have art saved on your computer and know what ability text you're going to use on the card, you can whip up an entire Hero set in just 5-10 minutes.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1366906/legedit-legenda...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I'm impressed you got them looking so usable in paint! Good effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
swirlsaepi wrote:
These look nice (I haven't looked at all of them yet). Perhaps a bit overpowered, but I'd have to look at the rest of the cards to see if they're still balanced or not.

If you are unaware, there is downloadable software here on BGG for making custom cards, called LegEdit. It makes card creation an absolute breeze - if you already have art saved on your computer and know what ability text you're going to use on the card, you can whip up an entire Hero set in just 5-10 minutes.

Yes I am aware of it, I have downloaded it but as I said, I'm not as tech savvy as lot of others on here so I only knew how to use the images correctly.
It may also not help that you wouldn't consider my laptop the fastest thing ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
fostorial wrote:
I'm impressed you got them looking so usable in paint! Good effort!

Thank you a lot! Paint has usually been my go to since I know how to use paint just like I know the back of my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Determined_Caesar wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

Yes I am aware of it, I have downloaded it but as I said, I'm not as tech savvy as lot of others on here so I only knew how to use the images correctly.
It may also not help that you wouldn't consider my laptop the fastest thing ever.

Its java and should be fine with java 6 (might need 7 though, can't remember). Should run on anything really. The main thread has a lot of answers to basic questions and its basically all menu driven at the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
fostorial wrote:
Determined_Caesar wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

Its java and should be fine with java 6 (might need 7 though, can't remember). Should run on anything really. The main thread has a lot of answers to basic questions and its basically all menu driven at the top.

Do you suppose you could try to send a small video tutorial perhaps? Or maybe even a type of document explaining how to handle LegEdit, because I've looked through every file you have in LegEdit, but I still don't know how to use it. Even a PM detailing the process of making a card would be very helpful. I just need help here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I'm afraid I really don't have time at the moment to make tutorials. I would suggest posting this exact question in the main legedit post. People are generally very helpful.

Basics are to make a card:

Double click the jar file or the exe. It will open.

Click add hero and it will ask for name. Give it one.
In the list double click hero.
Double click a card In next list. Should open card editor.
In card editor, use edit drop down to set the various fields you want.

Save and export when done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
fostorial wrote:
I'm afraid I really don't have time at the moment to make tutorials. I would suggest posting this exact question in the main legedit post. People are generally very helpful.

Basics are to make a card:

Double click the jar file or the exe. It will open.

Click add hero and it will ask for name. Give it one.
In the list double click hero.
Double click a card In next list. Should open card editor.
In card editor, use edit drop down to set the various fields you want.

Save and export when done.

I'm looking into it a lot more and I'm seeing what you mean. I should have the hang of this in a couple of days, but we'll see what happens.

I might just stick with paint though, it's usually been my go to and plus I've already started on over half of the characters there already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.