Subject: Running out of invention cards to discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game and I don't know if we were unlucky or what, but we drew 3 cards having us discard invention cards. We were able to discard the first 2 times (2 cards, then 3 cards). The last one we got wanted us to discard 3 more cards but we only had 2 inventions left that weren't built. In that case, do we take a wound for only being able to discard 2 inventions? We played it as if it was an IF POSSIBLE rule because it seems rather cruel to be unable to build anything else since we lost so many cards. We still pulled it off and I am glad we built the Fire early enough to beat the first scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afraid, you have to take wounds for not being able to discard the cards. The most current ruleset is a German ruleset which was completely overhauled and reorganized by the publisher Pegasus in cooperation with the designer of the game.

In these rules cards are explicitly mentioned as an example for an unfulfilled need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, then we would've lost because we each only had 1 health left. But man, that is particularly cruel. Not only do you lose the ability to build any more inventions, but you get wounds for building too many inventions so you can't discard any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.