Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Corbin
United States
Tigard / Lake O.
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Back when I had time to attend conventions, I learned how to play Titan from tournament-level opponents using the Avalon Hill version of the game before Valley Games reprinted it... I vaguely remember sitting down at the table, rolling for start tower, and then rearranging ourselves around the table so that player sequence matched assigned towers.

Now that I've got my own copy (the Valley Games reprint) and am trying to coax people into playing it, which requires teaching the game from current rulebook and my rusty memory, the only reference to play order I can find is "The player assigned the highest numbered tower will play first" at the end of rule 5.1.

Was that seat-shuffling to make clockwise player seating match decreasing tower number an Avalon Hill rule that got dropped from the Valley Games reprint, tournament rules, a popular house rule, or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No version of the published rules has ever been completely clear about seating order, but that's the intent. When it says "clockwise" it means "clockwise in order of starting tower", not "clockwise in whatever order you happen to be seated in". This is made explicit in Bruno Wolff's rule clarifications (which were official for the Avalon Hill version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.