Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the three games is playable with 2-4, but if you add two of them together, you have the materials to add up to 2 more players. I'd strongly encourage you to pick up Afterlife, or even the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
I already own both Victor. I want to give everyone on the table (including 5th and 6th) to have access to ALL starter cards, so we have the option to either play with default starters, or mix them in a modular way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Altasia wrote:
I already own both Victor. I want to give everyone on the table (including 5th and 6th) to have access to ALL starter cards, so we have the option to either play with default starters, or mix them in a modular way.

Pls elaborate on what you mean by "all starter cards". Afaik, the starter cards are the same and don't need to be divided.

Edit: scratch that. It seems the starter cards are different in this set. That's nice. Looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, my apologies then. I haven't opened my Last Rites, but knew the starter cards in Afterlife were the same as Valley, and made the assumption that continued through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cleaver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Altasia wrote:
Just for the occasional 5th and 6th players to play with

There are no plans to make the Last Rites starters as a separate item. But if you are playing with 5 or 6 players, try giving each player these starters:

Starter cards from VOTK or VOTKA: Shabti (2), Urns (2), Boxes of Food (1)
Starter cards from VOTKLR: Menials (2), Embalmers (2), Kites (1)

Enjoy!

Tom Cleaver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noonan
United States
Clayville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
"The druid said the damned thing was friendly... HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!”
badge
Don't poke the Owlbear...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

Any recommendations on how to consolidate new cards into a 10/15 card starter deck? Right now, I am playing a solo card of everything (all sets & unique cards from all three games) with a 15 card starter deck made of:

- 3 each Shabti, Urn, Menial
- 2 Embalmer
- 1 each Kite, Offering Table, Medjay, Box of Food

I would prefer a 10 card starter, but I want to get every flavor into the starting deck w/o a 20 card overload. Any input would be great.

Congratulations on another superlative expansion. I can't recommend this game enough or get enough people to play it. Any word on a bigger box from Alderac a la Smash Up's "Big Geeky Box"? Last Rites officially grew the game out of the boxes for me - its in the Big Geek for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noonan
United States
Clayville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
"The druid said the damned thing was friendly... HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!”
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Addendum: A box in the shape of a mastaba tomb would be pretty sweet...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootstraps wrote:
Tom,

Any recommendations on how to consolidate new cards into a 10/15 card starter deck? Right now, I am playing a solo card of everything (all sets & unique cards from all three games) with a 15 card starter deck made of:

- 2 Embalmer

I would prefer a 10 card starter, but I want to get every flavor into the starting deck w/o a 20 card overload. Any input would be great.

Congratulations on another superlative expansion. I can't recommend this game enough or get enough people to play it. Any word on a bigger box from Alderac a la Smash Up's "Big Geeky Box"? Last Rites officially grew the game out of the boxes for me - its in the Big Geek for now.

Staring at all three boxes right now and an excel sheet, and you could either go for a 10 card starter deck (2 Shabtis, 2 Menials, and 1 each of the remainder) or a 12 card starter deck (2 Shabtis, 2 Menials, 2 Urns, 2 Embalmers, and 1 each of the remainder). It doesn't give you an "even" three hands of five starter cards, but it gives you a little thrill of imperfect information on your second draw as you don't know exactly what you are getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noonan
United States
Clayville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A draft could be pretty fun too... hmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cleaver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootstraps wrote:
Tom,

- 2 Embalmer

Ian

If your not obsessive-compulsive about having a multiple of 5 for starters, you could use (say), the following:
2 Shabti, 1 Menial, 1 Urn, 1 Embalmer, 1 Kite, 1 Box of Food, 1 Offering Table, 1 Medjay. For a 10-card starter deck, use 2 menials.

Or how about this? Shuffle up the starters and deal players 10 at random.

I'm so glad you're enjoying my game.

Tom Cleaver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noonan
United States
Clayville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding Tom. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.