Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Viral Enhancers gives an effect for playing a plant, microbe, or animal tag. If I pay a card that has more than one of those tags (say microbe and animal), do I get the effect twice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Each tag played can trigger effects, and per the rules, you choose the order in which they trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the quick answer (and excellent support here on BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure Since GenCon featured the first assembled games in a pre-release, we at FryxGames who designed it, haven't received the final production copies yet. So while we're waiting eagerly, I visit BGG almost every hour to get all the news and answer everything I can Although we have updated prototypes, I really long to play the game with production quality components
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to verify, if I play a microbe tag card with Viral Enhancers in play, I can take a plant resource (i.e., I'm not forced to match the microbe tag)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
And just to verify, if I play a microbe tag card with Viral Enhancers in play, I can take a plant resource (i.e., I'm not forced to match the microbe tag)?

Yes, and that includes when you play Viral Enhancers itself. Some microbe cards collect microbe resources and some don't, so those who do collect microbes can choose to add one on the card or gain 1 plant instead, while the 'non-collectors' always get the plant (conributing to the eco-system).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks again Jacob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Imershein
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lord_Aethan wrote:
Yes. Each tag played can trigger effects, and per the rules, you choose the order in which they trigger.

So the same rule would apply to Decomposers and Ecological Zone (when combined later with a card like Advanced Ecosystems)?

And when you play Ecological Zone, you would immediately place 2 resource animals on the card for the two matching tags on the card itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.