Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie on "most crystals" event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
We revealed an event that states "Remove 2 Crystals from the Region with the most Crystals." We have two regions tied for most crystals. Who decides which region takes the hit?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
We revealed an event that states "Remove 2 Crystals from the Region with the most Crystals." We have two regions tied for most crystals. Who decides which region takes the hit?


Resolve it for all that qualify.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fleury
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a follow up to this question, who decides which gems are removed? Are they chosen randomly? Is it always the lower (or higher) value gems that are removed first?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sfleury wrote:
As a follow up to this question, who decides which gems are removed? Are they chosen randomly? Is it always the lower (or higher) value gems that are removed first?


You just remove 2 crystals worth of value. If you had a red crystal on a region that was affected by this you would replace it with an orange or 3 greens. It's not talking about removing the physical crystal tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flame112 wrote:
sfleury wrote:
As a follow up to this question, who decides which gems are removed? Are they chosen randomly? Is it always the lower (or higher) value gems that are removed first?


You just remove 2 crystals worth of value. If you had a red crystal on a region that was affected by this you would replace it with an orange or 3 greens. It's not talking about removing the physical crystal tokens.


Precisely. The event is saying "Remove $2." If you have two regions each with $5, you make change and leave $3, or in the case of Cry, a yellow crystal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fleury
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot of sense now.

So, I'm going to assume that it works the same way for adding crystal value at the beginning of combat? For example, if a region has one green crystal, you will add another green crystal at the beginning of the combat. The next time there is a combat in that zone you will remove the two green and replace it with a yellow?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The game uses "crystals" as a term of currency rather than a reference to a physical object.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sfleury wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot of sense now.

So, I'm going to assume that it works the same way for adding crystal value at the beginning of combat? For example, if a region has one green crystal, you will add another green crystal at the beginning of the combat. The next time there is a combat in that zone you will remove the two green and replace it with a yellow?

Thanks!


As noted in the rules:
Green is 1
Orange is 3
Red is 5

Or, use them as you see fit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.