GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,259 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Saloon Tycoon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chapel tile confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Sallen
United States
Boone
Iowa
flag msg tools
The Long View
badge
The Good, The Board, and the Ugly
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the chapel tile missing the "-" from before its cost? All other tiles show a "-" indicating they are a cost, but the absence of one leads me to wonder if I'm supposed to collect that.

In any case I have concerns as to the balance of this tile. You get another action, making it in essence a pharmacy with an extra ability for a free $6 action of bribing a character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chapel costs gold just like any other tile. The missing hyphen was acknowledged as a typo.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1616298/chapel

If you feel it is overpowered, then be sure to be the first person to grab it. However, your strategy will depend heavily upon the open & secret claims you wish to complete and if other tiles meet those requirements you will probably place a higher priority in trying to get those tiles before they are gone. Also, this bribe character action can only be applied the moment you complete this tile and that simply may not be an opportune time. All in all, there are many other things going on that I don't think this tile is as overpowered as you might think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.