Hide
6 Posts

BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Does Runewars Miniature game supposed to retire Battlelore? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolf Dude
msg tools
When I first heard of the game, I was disappointed because I had recently bought Runewars, but then I saw it was only for 2 players. It seems like FFG are retiring Battlelore for this one. I have seen them do it with other games too. So what's the point of Runewars: MG? It just seems like another Battle lore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See the other 10 million threads about the same topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlelore and Runewars TMG are very different games.

Battlelore is clearly a BOARDgame, while Runewars is (as the title says) a tabletop MINIATURES game, more akin to Warhammer Fantasy (with X-Wing mechanics grafted on).

Battlelore uses game pieces, not miniatures.

I'm not really sure why idea is taking root with gamers or why they feel Battlelore is suddenly on the way out just because Runewars TMG has arrived. They're far more different from each other than, for example, X-Wing and Armada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:

Battlelore is clearly a BOARDgame, while Runewars is (as the title says) a tabletop MINIATURES game, more akin to Warhammer Fantasy (with X-Wing mechanics grafted on).

I'm not really sure why idea is taking root with gamers or why they feel Battlelore is suddenly on the way out just because Runewars TMG has arrived. They're far more different from each other than, for example, X-Wing and Armada.

I think the concerns of people who like BatteLore are valid. No news for a LONG time regarding BattleLore and then suddenly a new game in the Terrinoth setting is revealed. FFG only juggles so many balls at once...and its their nature to let some fall in order the keep the "new shiney" in rotation.

The X-Wing & Armada comparison does not hold water because when Armada was announced it wasn't following nearly a year of silence regarding X-Wing. SWXWM was still thriving with plenty of new announcements for products side by side with the release of Armada. Had Armada come out after FFG sitting on X-Wing and doing nothing with it for a year...we'd likely have assumed Armada was essentially a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:
Wheelockian wrote:

I think the concerns of people who like BatteLore are valid. No news for a LONG time regarding BattleLore and then suddenly a new game in the Terrinoth setting is revealed. FFG only juggles so many balls at once...and its their nature to let some fall in order the keep the "new shiney" in rotation.

The X-Wing & Armada comparison does not hold water because when Armada was announced it wasn't following nearly a year of silence regarding X-Wing. SWXWM was still thriving with plenty of new announcements for products side by side with the release of Armada. Had Armada come out after FFG sitting on X-Wing and doing nothing with it for a year...we'd likely have assumed Armada was essentially a replacement.

Again, the no news is the problem, not the new game. Runewars has nothing to do with it. I would still be worried without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:
Wheelockian wrote:

And end of expansions may not mean a game is "dead". By that account Runewars has been dead for years and it is continuously reprinted and has got a very vibrant and active community. Heck, even an abandoned game such as Middle-Earth Quest feels almost "alive".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.