Subject: Errata clarification on Recon and Rally rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Errata, a HQ can assist (provide modifiers) to Recon and Rally, and then also do a proper action. Can the HQ assist in both cases also after it has done a proper action?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! The HQ can provide a modifier to Recon, but that is considered an action by the HQ and it can't then do anything else for the turn. In the case of Rally, it just needs to be adjacent to the rallying unit to give the modifier, but that's not an action for the HQ and it can go ahead and do something else later in the turn (or already have done an action). It's just the HQ's presence for the Rally that helps the unit, the HQ isn't really doing anything.

I hope that helps.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey! The HQ can provide a modifier to Recon, but that is considered an action by the HQ and it can't then do anything else for the turn. In the case of Rally, it just needs to be adjacent to the rallying unit to give the modifier, but that's not an action for the HQ and it can go ahead and do something else later in the turn (or already have done an action). It's just the HQ's presence for the Rally that helps the unit, the HQ isn't really doing anything.

I hope that helps.

Herm

Hey Herm, thanks for taking the time.

I'm a bit confused now, since the Errata file implies differently. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit?
Quote:
15. Same question for Recon. Does adding the HQ bonus count as the HQ action?
- No, they can provide the modifier and then Move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn - I guess I misread the question in the errata and mixed upon Recon and Rally! Now I need errata for the errata. I didn't even realize that - I need to fix the file.

Thanks for pointing that out! The answer I just posted is the correct one.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.