Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this expansion add new solo scenarios too?
Very interested in finding out what exactly this box will be offering, as, like so many of you, I have fallen hard for the base game and its 1st expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Very interested in finding out what exactly this box will be offering, as, like so many of you, I have fallen hard for the base game and its 1st expansion

I hope not the game needs more competitive content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Ouch, watch where you're pointing that thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so, the game needs more solo content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slickerdrips wrote:

There is already a bunch of scenarios between the first expansion and some stuff on the web. There are exactly 0 competitive ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:

AFAIK no scenarios.

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I hope not the game needs more competitive content.

I guess you will like the "Intrige"-part of the expansion (saboteur, spy, incendiary, ...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Valladolid
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splitting hairs, but Invasion has a Duel module. I agree that some additional competitive modules would be very welcome.

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
slickerdrips wrote:

There is already a bunch of scenarios between the first expansion and some stuff on the web. There are exactly 0 competitive ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
svalladolid wrote:
Splitting hairs, but Invasion has a Duel module. I agree that some additional competitive modules would be very welcome.

Not really there is a bunch of solo scenarios and one or two co-op ones but no competitive ones besides the base game which is pretty dull as is (just collecting a bunch of things then scoring them).

If they aren't included in this one I hope they come soon or I'm going to end up trading it away. It's a good framework but lacking as is. The user created scoring objective cards in the variants forums help a little though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
svalladolid wrote:

Not really there is a bunch of solo scenarios and one or two co-op ones but no competitive ones besides the base game which is pretty dull as is (just collecting a bunch of things then scoring them).

???

There are several solo scenarios which I assume are relatively easy to bash out as they are only one sheet with some additional rules.
But there is only one co-op game and one new competitive version and then the Duel mode for two players.
It may be lacking what you were looking for, you are entirely welcome to your opinion. But this statement to me seems to be misinformed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:

I just played my copy for the first time last night! Yay! This expansion comes with four different 'elements' that you can choose to use any combination of. Note: It does not provide any additional solo or duel player scenarios.

We used 3 of the 4 new elements (orders, new event tiles and new beneficial deeds board) in a four player competitive game. We did not use the 'Intrigue' board since none of us wanted to play nasty factors against each other. Some people may love this 'attack' component but I doubt I will ever use it.

Of the 3 new elements used, I am really loving the new beneficial deeds board!! The orders are nice. Some of the new event tiles are nasty! As you progress in letter A through D, they become more horrible. For example, there is actually a 'Torture' event tile! But I am definitely using the new beneficial deeds board whenever possible. Of course, it can be used in any solo or the duel player scenario though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The composition of hourglass-tiles per game is random.
There are positive events, too... ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.