Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Viticulture Essential Edition fan (bought this weekend!), I am now interested, if a German publisher already has shown interest in publishing a German version? Feuerland Spiele?

I also have to admit that I am very disappointed that the Tuscany EE won't include all material, which would generally be available like "Mafia", "Arboriculture" etc. These are additional (slightly different) mechanics, which DO add value to the game! So I really hope that I can play them at one day in future (in German, of course). Something like this is really lacerating the heart of a gamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geek_1 wrote:
As a Viticulture Essential Edition fan (bought this weekend!), I am now interested, if a German publisher already has shown interest in publishing a German version? Feuerland Spiele?

I also have to admit that I am very disappointed that the Tuscany EE won't include all material, which would generally be available like "Mafia", "Arboriculture" etc. These are additional (slightly different) mechanics, which DO add value to the game! So I really hope that I can play them at one day in future (in German, of course). Something like this is really lacerating the heart of a gamer.

As far as I know we have no influence on whether a German version of Arboriculture et al. will be published. I'm pretty sure, though, that we'll let Feuerland do it if they want to do so .

Right now our assumption is that there won't be enough people who would buy the remaining expansions to make a print run that's large enough to make the price reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news that the door should be open for the Feuerland team. My guess is that there will be a German version as the game is quite a bomb and should be a success (especially in Germany). However, it's always hard to wait, so I wanted to ask for the current state.

It is clear that there won't be another pack with the remaining expansions, if it is not reasonable from economic point of view. I am just dissapointed that it's not already included in the EE reprint.

I've read the argument that the price would rise, if included. However, I don't think that people who buy the expansion for such a game care, if the price goes 10$ up. I am a rather poor guy, but this dimension for such a hobby and game just doesn't matter. And the other way around, if I know already that I will not be able to get an existing expansion (Arboriculture et al. is out of print, there will never be a German Version etc) is rather a reason for not even buying the base game. Maybe more people like me exist goo

Apart from this, thanks for such a great game/expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael: You're referring to the 5 expansions we cut from Tuscany? I appreciate you wanting them, though they really didn't seem play all that often, and altogether they would cost about $35-$40 to print (it's much more than just $10 extra--I'm not sure where you heard that). And that's only if we saw enough demand to justify a 1500-unit print run. We've seen that demand for the elements of Tuscany Essential, but not those other expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10$ was just a rough guess. I have no idea how much the original "Tuscany" was, because you cannot buy it any more. I also do not know what material exactly was is inside. It was just my simplified guess that the "Arboriculture" expansion is around 20-30% of the material, and the expansion was about 50-60$.

Somehow, I feel even worse now knowing that I will always miss such valuable material and never get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Tuscany was $70, and it probably should have been $80-$90 based on production cost, but I didn't want to mark it up that high! And that's without the metal coins, which aren't in any of the retail versions of Tuscany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor van Santen
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update if there will be a german version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything from Feuerland yet. Feel free to tweet at them if you want to encourage them to make a German Tuscany Essential Edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor van Santen
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your swift reply!

I asked via their official Homepage and the service from Feuerland Spiele replied that there won't be a Tuscany EE in German

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sending them a sample copy to see if they'll change their mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor van Santen
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is great! thumbsup

There is still hope then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, for saying that, but I also don't want to have a Tuscany EE. I want a FULL Tuscany

Or a Tuscany EE + a separate box with Arboriculture, Mafia, Patronage, Formaggio... in German, of course!

Doesn't Feuerland Spiele want to earn money? Bringing Viticulture EE but not any available expansion is strange. Unfortunately, this fact spoiled Viticulture for me, because I know that there is an awesome expansion outside. Bad buy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that will never happen. We've discontinued all of the parts of Tuscany that hardly anyone played. More information on that here: http://stonemaiergames.com/games/tuscany/tuscany-essential-e...

Viticulture Essential includes several of the expansions from the original Tuscany at the same price as the original Viticulture. Isn't that objectively a good buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My comment "bad buy" was related to the fact that I bought the German Viticulture EE. This was my fail. Without the additional game board and other stuff a good game, but what would you feel, if you knew that there is just more and awesome stuff and the game would be better with it? It just feels incomplete. As soon as there is a definite statement from Feuerland Spiele, I will sell it. I still have a little bit of hope.

And concerning the English Version, I would just try to get the old versions on EBay or somewhere. Why should I buy the EE version, if the originals together would contain more? Because I want to save money? No, I don't want to. Unfortunately, English is not an option for some people in my game group.

For some gamers the "essential" stuff is not enough. If they love games, they also want "additional" stuff. Maybe, the other expansion are not that good, but hey, I still want them. And I want to have variety.

Probably, you know best, also from commercial view. Just want to tell how I feel, and what I want. Others do as well. I just watched a video from Tom Vassel, who also mentions this strange EE situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel W
Germany
Minfeld
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just bought the english version. It is not much Text on the cards.... you should be able to translate it on the fly for your non-english-speaking friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Ah, that will never happen. We've discontinued all of the parts of Tuscany that hardly anyone played. More information on that here: http://stonemaiergames.com/games/tuscany/tuscany-essential-e...

Still, if there's a huuuuuuge demand for Arboriculture/Formaggio, wouldn't you reconsider?
https://stonemaiergames.com/about/future-printing-request-fo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jérôme: Maybe? I'd like to say yes--that's the whole point of the future printing request form--but I never really got the sense that people who actually played with Formaggio or Arboriculture actually enjoyed those expansions. I'm hesitant to print another 1500 copies of something that was tested on the market to overall mediocre results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your honest reply. I'll count my blessings then, with all Viticulture goodness that's already around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Gustafsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Viticulture with Tuscany EE and I always have this nagging feeling that I am missing out on cows and cheese. I have never tried that expansion though so it might be like you say Jamey, that the thought of playing with cows and cheese is greater than actually playing with them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jessica: That's a good point--I understand the idea of wanting the thing you can't have! That's why in the end I'll probably yield to the results of the future request form.

http://stonemaiergames.com/future-printing-request-form/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey,

This is a little off-topic but since the conversation has moved to the future request form, let me ask you this: how does the form work/update for a single individual over time?

I'm pretty sure I've filled out the form in the past after I first discovered Stonemaier. I haven't really looked at it much since I've signed up to your newsletter as I feel the newsletter it keeps me very up-to-date. However, if I were to fill it out again, would it count a "vote" for a product twice or is it somehow tied to the email/name and would only affect my votes for the newer products on the form?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles: It's a lot of information for me to parse, so I typically just look at the totals once a month. It's just a rough estimation of demand, so it's okay if people fill it out more than once. I do a hard reset at the beginning of each year, when inform anyone on our e-newsletter or who has filled out the form that they should revisit it for the coming year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Charles: It's a lot of information for me to parse, so I typically just look at the totals once a month. It's just a rough estimation of demand, so it's okay if people fill it out more than once. I do a hard reset at the beginning of each year, when inform anyone on our e-newsletter or who has filled out the form that they should revisit it for the coming year.

That makes sense! Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go take a look

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.